Hey guys been offered a TH30 combo for my Engl Fireball, is this worth it? Just curious as I've never heard a TH30 before and I'm not sure.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by ambler3
60W Fireball I assume? It might match up price wise, but altogether it depends on what's the main tone you use.

That's the one, I'm not sure it would do the metal that I play very well (Speed/Power along the same lines as Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stormwarrior, Hammerfall and Freedom Call)

I mean, it would free up some space though...
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I wouldn't do it.
The orange is more british-voiced, sloppier and stuff.
Plus I once ran a funny test at a music store.

I had there a Victory 4x12 with a Victory V100, an ENGL Powerball 2 and an Orange Rockerverb 50mkII.
I tried one after the other, clean channel, flat EQ.
Maaaan the cleans on the orange sucked shit through 12" bricks.
Dunnow if it's the same with the Fireball and the TH30, but if they come even close to what I heard, by any means keep the ENGL.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^You must've been doing something wrong, then. The Rockerverbs have great cleans.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Spambot_2
I wouldn't do it.
The orange is more british-voiced, sloppier and stuff.
Plus I once ran a funny test at a music store.

I had there a Victory 4x12 with a Victory V100, an ENGL Powerball 2 and an Orange Rockerverb 50mkII.
I tried one after the other, clean channel, flat EQ.
Maaaan the cleans on the orange sucked shit through 12" bricks.
Dunnow if it's the same with the Fireball and the TH30, but if they come even close to what I heard, by any means keep the ENGL.

Just outa curiosity, what's the Victory like? What's the closest amp it's voiced to?
If you're looking to do some trading, the Orange is a better regarded amp than the 60W Fireball and would be easier to trade for something else. Just a thought.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by ambler3
Just outa curiosity, what's the Victory like? What's the closest amp it's voiced to?
Didn't really try that a lot.
What I remember is that the cleans were aaaaamazing, to kill for, but I don't really know what to compare it to - some warmer and punchier ENGL.
Yeah, some warmer and more natural ENGL kinda sound.
The pushed clean channel sounded a bit weak for my tastes, bit sloppy, and the distorted channel sounded something between a higher gain JCM800 and the rockerverb's.
And the knobs were pretty damn uncomfortable
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Flux'D
If you're looking to do some trading, the Orange is a better regarded amp than the 60W Fireball and would be easier to trade for something else. Just a thought.

That's a good point, but in terms of couriering and stuff I wouldn't feel safe posting for a trade, plus it costs money I don't really have at the moment.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100