Hello have a question ... i have the JCA20h amps and the match 2x12 cab but i don't know how connect it correctly because the head is 16 ohms mono and 8 ohms Stereo , and the cab is 16 ohm Stereo and 8 ohms mono, they don't match this confused me jaja Do you know how i have to connect them ?

I´ve been searching about this problem but i don't found anyone that have this problem/doubt ... haha maybe it's just me

A guy in a local band told me that i have to rewire the cab but don't have sense to me because this amp and the cab are supposed to match o.O

Thank you !
Plug one end of the cable into the 8ohm amp out and the other end into the 8ohm cab input with the cab thing set to 8ohm mono.

The amp output isn't really 8ohm stereo, though it has two 8ohm output, that's just used to plug it into more than one cab.
The cab instead can be used with 2 different amps, in which case the thing would actually be stereo and you would wanna set it to 16ohm stereo and plug the amps from the 16ohm outs.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^ yes

EDIT: you're right to be wary of "local guitar players". in my experience they're often full of shit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Does your cabinet input look like this? There's also a JCA24S+ model with an XLR output that's a little different.

Set the switch to Mono 140W
Plug your speaker cable into the left jack
Plug the other end of the speaker cable into the 8ohm jack on the amp
Done

A good friend bought a JCA22H and JCA24S+ and couldn't figure out how to hook it up. It took me a few minutes to figure out too, so don't feel bad
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jan 27, 2014,
Another way to look at this TS is that each speaker has a impedance rating of 16 ohms.

If you plug into each speaker separately (as you would in stereo) then the speakers are not connected together and they operate individually at 16 ohms. Just like it says at the top of each jack there. 16.

When the two speakers are connected together using parallel wiring then the 2 - 16 ohm speakers have a resulting load of 8 ohms.

So as mentioned 8 -to- 8

All the magic is happening with a PCB switch behind that jack plate.
Quote by largsigh
Hello have a question ... i have the JCA20h amps and the match 2x12 cab but i don't know how connect it correctly because the head is 16 ohms mono and 8 ohms Stereo , and the cab is 16 ohm Stereo and 8 ohms mono

the amp is still a mono amp, the 8 ohm outputs on the amplifier are just wired together in parallel. a stereo amp would have two separate/independent power amps onboard.

Quote by Flux'D
Done

this. +1
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Flux'D
Does your cabinet input look like this? There's also a JCA24S+ model with an XLR output that's a little different.

Done

A good friend bought a JCA22H and JCA24S+ and couldn't figure out how to hook it up. It took me a few minutes to figure out too, so don't feel bad

I have the model with an XLR output, but i think it's the same thing :p , yeah it confused me a little but now i can use it with confidence :P

Thank you all of you guys ! you helped me a lot to understand my amp