The Pacifica is a great starter guitar. Just set aside $50 for a setup (this goes for whatever guitar you get), you'll want to take it to a shop to get it in perfect working order before you start. There's nothing more frustrating than trying to learn on a guitar that fights you every step of the way.

If you like, you can learn to do a setup yourself. There's a sticky at the top of the forum here with a guide and a place to ask more questions if you need.
As said above, the Pacifica's are a good starting guitar. When you take it in for a setup, you can request to be there so you can learn. I've never heard of a tech not letting someone watch them do a setup on their instrument. Learning to do it yourself is great knowledge and will save you a lot of money in the long run.
How much would you pay for the Pacifica.. Would you do that or a Squier Standard Strat for $99. Both used.

And thanks for the help. Im guessing no the the other guitar?
First of all, I think those JPGs are labelled the wrong way round. Generally, I would prefer a Pacifica to a Squier but that depends which Pacifica and which Squier we're talking about here? Same goes for price.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
yeah they are backwards. Is the Semick(sp) garbage? The Strat is a Squier Standard SSS. im checking on the specifics of the Pacifica now. Both are used. In his listing he offers the Pacifica for $80 which seems goo to me.
FYI, I believe it's 'Samick'. I don't have any personal experience with them though. A couple more questions for you:
- Genre of music are you interested in?
- Is the Pacifica a 112, 012 or other?

EDIT: It looks like a 012 which is inferior to the 112. I would recommend putting extra money towards a 112 unless these are your only two options.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Jan 27, 2014,
I was mostly interested in the Squier Standard Strat and think i liked the SSH because it seems more versatile. Music is pretty random too; but i would say Rock and Blues.
He just said it is the H11213189.. so sounds like its the 112.. if i can grab it for $80 i guessing thats a good buy.
i cant find anything with H11213189 think thats the serial number?
From what I've heard you can't go wrong with a Pacifica although I've never played one. Other options would be a Squire or cheaper Epiphone. Personally I love Epiphones because I mostly play stuff originally recorded on Gibsons and Epiphone is the next best thing to the the people like myself who can't afford Gibsons. At the end of the day, play them both and other guitars and buy what you think sounds and feels best. If you enjoy playing a guitar then you're more likely to play it often and keep up the practice.