Hello,

I have recently purchased a Tanglewood guitar and I am definitely struggling to understand all its secrets. I am a complete beginner, therefore practice will be the key as everyone will claim. However, I have found myself quite puzzled about the mysterious buzzing noise coming from the amp every time I play a chord. Is that something to be considered normal?
I wonder and I want to thank you in advance for reading this.
Tanglewood is a good brand, and the buzzing noise, it could be several things. First off, what is your amp, I highly doubt it's the problem, but that could help to know if it is. Make sure to check your amp cables that they're put in all the way. But it could also be a grounding issue. How bad is the noise on a scale of 1 to 10? And lastly, welcome to the forum
Asecretchord, first of all thanks for the reply to a complete and almost hopeless beginner. The guitar I purchased is a second-hand and the seller offered his amplifier for sale as well which I bought. The amplifier is a Kustom, it looks quite old and rusty. Anyway, I can see six different settings on the amplifier; the first two are part of the overdrive, then there is a clean one, and three for the equalization. Moreover there is an on button too on it. Bearing in mind I am a third-day beginner I don't expect to unleash mighty notes but still. Thanks again.
Quote by eigenland
Asecretchord, first of all thanks for the reply to a complete and almost hopeless beginner. The guitar I purchased is a second-hand and the seller offered his amplifier for sale as well which I bought. The amplifier is a Kustom, it looks quite old and rusty. Anyway, I can see six different settings on the amplifier; the first two are part of the overdrive, then there is a clean one, and three for the equalization. Moreover there is an on button too on it. Bearing in mind I am a third-day beginner I don't expect to unleash mighty notes but still. Thanks again.

Well do you know the seller? He could of kinda screwed you over. The first thing you should do is try and work out where the buzzing is coming from. Sometimes the buzz can be at the head of the guitar, where some of the extra string is touching somewhere causing a buzz. If that's not it, and you're sure it's not contacting anywhere it shouldn't be, then the problem has to do with the height of the strings above the fretboard. Was there any buzz before? If not, something has happened within the neck which has caused it to bend or change angle. Your best course of action is definitely to take it to a shop to get looked at. And is this an electric or acoustic guitar?