I'm honestly thinking about buying this guitar despite it being a First Act guitar because I love Volkswagens. I would want to be able to use it for small gigs. I'd probably upgrade the pickups with some stuff I have lying around. Does anyone have experience with these? I'll use it mostly for post-rock, so playability is not a huge factor.
While I haven't played that particular model, I have heard that they can actually be pretty decent guitars. That being said, I see them on CL regularly for under $100.

I also own and have gigged with a Korean-made First Act Sheena that I picked up for $100 during the factory clearance sale a few years ago. Believe it or not, it plays every bit as well as guitars costing hundreds more. I didn't care for the stock pickups, though, and ended up with a GFS 'VEH' in the bridge position and a 'Mean90' in the neck. YMMV, of course.

They're bad. My Mom bought a Jetta back in 2009, got that guitar, gave it to me. It's pretty horrid.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
First Act Customs guitars? Good.

Any other First Act guitar? Not gig worthy.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by JustRooster
They're bad. My Mom bought a Jetta back in 2009, got that guitar, gave it to me. It's pretty horrid.

What about it don't you like?
Quote by Helicopters!
What about it don't you like?

How it sounded, how it felt, how it played. It's a cheap POS made to sell cars.
Quote by JustRooster

That's too bad. I probably won't need it to be super playable because I don't play music that's very technically demanding, though. I suppose I could make it sound decent after a pickup swap and have a good backup guitar that's at least fun to look at - unless you really think I would be wasting my money.
I know you would. I'm sorry, it is cool looking, I'll give you that. I would definitely invest elsewhere, though.
You would be.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

That's really a shame. I still think it'd be a seriously cool thing to have, but I don't want to end up disappointed.
Not familiar with the SFA line at all. I could be wrong. I don't think so, but it's possible.

Quote by JustRooster

This exactly. They even had commercials with Slash plugging the guitar into a Beetle I think it was. Terrible stuff. Don't even think they made it to Canada.

That being said, First Act does make some great stuff.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by utmbarto
This exactly. They even had commercials with Slash plugging the guitar into a Beetle I think it was. Terrible stuff. Don't even think they made it to Canada.

That being said, First Act does make some great stuff.

They used to sell strings in the ASDA near my house for 1.99 it was amazing. They were all I used to play now I'm stuck playing D'addario. At £11 for 3 packs. It's just not the same.
Quote by MegadethFan18
They used to sell strings in the ASDA near my house for 1.99 it was amazing. They were all I used to play now I'm stuck playing D'addario. At £11 for 3 packs. It's just not the same.

Thats still pretty cheap. I'm using EB Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms and I'm paying about $10 Dollars a pack.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.