Hey Pit!

I'm not too frequent of a poster, but some of you might remember me posting a link to pics from the night I proposed back in October (http://imgur.com/a/cUoAM ).

Anyways, we are getting married this summer and she has hinted that I should perform a song. I'm trying to get a vibe on performing at your own wedding and it seems as with most things...some people love it some people hate it (or at least think it's tacky).

Part of me really likes the idea, and despite dealing with nerves, think it would be nice and I'd be happy I did it. The pessimistic side of me says don't do it. The further down the rabbit hole I go with wedding planning, the more I keep hearing to do what you want at your wedding because no matter what you won't please everybody. So to stay true to yourselves and have fun and so will your guests. Regardless, I'm quite ambivalent on the topic. One day I'm gung ho to do it, then the next I'm unsure.

Have any of you performed at weddings or been to a wedding where the bride or groom performed something? General thoughts?
tacky imo but if your bride wants it then go on

just make sure you drop an absolute tune

edit: yeah I actually I remember you, you're a well adorable couple and the performing was kind of a part of your proposal so wouldn't be too tacky to incorporate it into the wedding i don't think
Last edited by captainsnazz at Jan 27, 2014,
If she wants you to do it, then do it. I mean it is her day. And completely traditional weddings are boring and out dated.
Weddings need more live music.

I'm tired of the walk down the isle, pop a squat and shit out vows that you read on a piece of paper because niggas be forgetting how love works.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Wormholes
If she wants you to do it, then do it. I mean it is her day. And completely traditional weddings are boring and out dated.

+1

I remember this and you're a right cute couple and it's a beautiful proposal (from the looks of it)

It's your day and hers. Do what you guys want, and best of luck to you
ayy lmao
I played guitar at a wedding several years ago where I accompanied the bride on a song she sang to her new husband. It was very nice. All depends on the tenor of the ceremony. This was very informal and done outside on the steps of a gazebo next to a pond on the family farm.
Hi, I'm Peter
People on UG complementing other people? I'm so lost.

I think its probably fine, just make sure you don't suck, because that will be awkward and bad vibes for the wedding. If you're confident in your ability to perform then you should be okay.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Nelshizzle
Weddings need more live music.

I'm tired of the walk down the isle, pop a squat and shit out vows that you read on a piece of paper because niggas be forgetting how love works.

To be fair, I'd be much more interested in the wedding if the couple literally shat out their vows.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by chookiecookie
+1

I remember this and you're a right cute couple and it's a beautiful proposal (from the looks of it)

It's your day and hers. Do what you guys want, and best of luck to you

Thanks for the positive response guys! That's the way we feel, we don't want it to be a standard cookie cutter wedding at some banquet hall or something so we're taking steps to try and make it more fun or at least interesting.

Here's the venue:

Quote by captainsnazz

edit: yeah I actually I remember you, you're a well adorable couple and the performing was kind of a part of your proposal so wouldn't be too tacky to incorporate it into the wedding i don't think

Yeah it was certainly the focal point of my proposal so I guess it follows suit. I'll have to make sure it's good though. The most people I've played in front of is about 50 or so.
Quote by eGraham
To be fair, I'd be much more interested in the wedding if the couple literally shat out their vows.

You know she's been pestering me about writing our own vows, so maybe I can incorporate this in some capacity?
Just do it.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by BoyLilikoi
You know she's been pestering me about writing our own vows, so maybe I can incorporate this in some capacity?

Somehow I feel that wouldn't go down well with the relatives.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
wow ts, your fiancee's a babe. good goin!

Thanks, I got lucky!

And to that other guy asking about bikini pics or whatever, yes, they're on the chive.

Just kidding, they're not.
do it
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Im going to do this at my wedding if I ever do but I think its an awesome idea, even better if it was metal music imo but do what you know how to do best.
Whats goes around must come down
i'm just imagining some dude getting up on stage in his wedding with his jackson V and a mic and playing some morbid angel
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
i'm just imagining some dude getting up on stage in his wedding with his jackson V and a mic and playing some morbid angel

oh god
ayy lmao
Do a funny thing. Everyone is expecting you to do some sort of super touching I love you thing, throw a knuckleball and play something comical yet sweet.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I think it would be excellent, romantic and memorable if you just sang the one song, acoustic like.

Personally I would go for breathless - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, it's romantic (but sincere), catchy and easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TI8xPw2aQA
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
I was at a wedding where the groom had his band perform. They brought along a singer to replace him for the night but he got up and sang two songs. I forget what they were but the first one was a romantic love song and then the second was something funny. The guests loved it and so did the bride. The band played all night and it was a really good time. I say go for it!
Play the entirety of Sleep's Dopesmoker, that's what I'd do.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by robertito696
Play the entirety of Sleep's Dopesmoker, that's what I'd do.

This might be the best idea ever
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by captainsnazz

this. go for it man!
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by BoyLilikoi
Have any of you performed at weddings or been to a wedding where the bride or groom performed something? General thoughts?

Last wedding I was at, the groom sang some Van Halen and AC/DC tunes. I was a kid then so it was pretty rad.

Not quite the same but sorta related, I performed in my high school's concert band for my graduation ceremony. I was a hit!
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Happy wife happy life.

Protip: don't come to the pit for advice on anything regarding marriage
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Prototype4342
Happy wife happy life.

Protip: don't come to the pit for advice on anything regarding marriage

I assumed as much but I wasn't sure.

Everyone has actually been cool and supportive so I'm thinking I'll probably do it!
If you're gonna hire a band to play live (that's common around here at least) join them onstage for a song or two.
Will she be standing on a stool when you kiss
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I wish I had a wedding

I say do it

EDIT: Correction, I wish I could have given a wedding to my wife. It's a sore spot for me that I couldn't provide that for her. Make the best of it since you have the opportunity.
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Jan 28, 2014,
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Will she be standing on a stool when you kiss

HAHA! Something to consider, or at least sitting on one. I'm 6'7" and she's 5'2".

Dreadnought- How long have you been married for? I'm assuming finances were the reason for not having a wedding? I'm doing my best to not break the bank, but no matter what I do it's going to be a whole lot of money for one day.
Finances, timing, etc.

It'll be 4 years on May 5. We're trying to do a big vow renewal at 5 years to make up for it
My God, it's full of stars!
I think you should go for it and play Wonderwall.
Personally, I'd go with a song that's fun and light.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Don't make her stand on a stool, it's much more romantic if you pick her up to kiss her

It's also more pedosexual
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore