I have been searching for a new acoustic for some time and I have been recommended many guitars but none of them are ever faith guitars. Can I ask why as they seem like really good guitars for the money (All solid construction only around £400)?

If there are any owners that could giver their thoughts or anyone who has played one what they think of them compared to other relatively cheap acoustics. I was looking at the naked venus but anyone who has tried any can chime in!

Thanks a lot!
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
I've only played one - and it was a few years ago - and I wasn't impressed. The set-up was crap and, despite the (on paper) impressive spec, the sound was mediocre. It was certainly not as good as some of the other PacRim gits I've played.

Specs are misleading - an "all-solid" guitar is not always (very often not always) as good as a solid top / laminate back & sides guitar - quality of materials and workmanship needs to be considered too. The back and sides of a guitar contribute very little to the sound (despite what many people may say) - it's just a fact that " a guitar sounds the way it does" - and, of course, you have to play it to find out if you like that sound.

I cannot over-emphasize the advice that you should always (always, always) play a guitar before you buy it - and for as long as you can.
Yes I realise I should try it out first I was just wondering if it was worth a 2 hour car ride to the nearest guitar shop that stocks them

Thanks for the feedback!
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Thing is.
It's a lot about personal preference as well. Just because someone says it's not great, doesn't mean you shouldn't like it. Example: Ovation guitars. People often say they sound 'dull' or 'not great' when not plugged into an amp. Now, I have an Ovation Elite 1778 TX, and I freakin' love it. Everything about it suits me down to the ground. Just go out, try loads of guitars, and buy the one you like the most.
Quote by UKMaster
Yes I realise I should try it out first I was just wondering if it was worth a 2 hour car ride to the nearest guitar shop that stocks them

Thanks for the feedback!

any trip where you are able to try out a few dozen guitars is worth it !
most of the posters here are from North America. Faith guitars doesn't have a foothold here...yet. someday they'll make the leap across the Atlantic and more will be able to add an opinion on them.
when you take a trip like that, quite often you end up bringing home a guitar that you had no idea that you'd like. that's a fun feeling.... the one that surprised you.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by stepchildusmc

when you take a trip like that, quite often you end up bringing home a guitar that you had no idea that you'd like. that's a fun feeling.... the one that surprised you.

^this. Doesn't get more accurate.
I know it sounds stupid I always feel guilty when trying loads of guitars and then just walking out. I know the guitar shop probably expects this and invites me to do it but something inside me just doesn't like doing it... maybe I'm just strange hahaha
if you were supposed to feel guilty about it, they wouldn't have them set up to be played and hand out free guitar picks would they????
they understand that you may not buy today but gamble on the fact that you'll be back to pick one up. they understand that a lot of people need a little time before finally deciding to spend some money on a luxury item. it's not like a necessity like a loaf of bread..kinda hard to test drive that !
go spend a few hours trying out dozens of different guitars. if one "speaks to you" then consider bringing it home. it not, well you had a couple of hours of fun and there's probably a few of those babies lingering in your thoughts.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
I just bought a Faith FKNE The Faith Naked Neptune (mini Jumbo) with shadow presys electronics. So far I'm very pleased. Set up tweaks were needed but tone wise unplugged I love it, also the electronics sound full and not 'quacky' (I imagine the notch filter scoops the mids.

I added a pickguard because I play heavy but all in all I'm really happy with the guitar and hope to have it for many years (I'll obviously look after it)

I had a good look inside and all the bracing is immaculate with no glue spots and extra enforcement rods around the soundhole and between the sides... These are made out a small factory in indonesia using local workforce. I don't know if this has always been the case but perhaps the quality has improved over the years? Also the fact they use local wood (Indonesian Mahogany and rosewood), this must keep the cost down

Last edited by Jimmy Chaos at Jun 1, 2014,
in tearms of materials and construction they are as good as a standard series Martin. In the UK a D18 costs around £1700. Faith guitrs usually only cost £400 to £800 so in this country they are great value for money. Tone is subjective so its harder to comment about that. I have liked every Faith guitar I have played more than any Taylor, tanglewood, Takamini, or Yamaha that I have eve played. I have heard Martins and Gibsons that I thought were better and some that I thought were worse.

bottom line is that they are tanglewood good guitars. If you have played one and you like it get it.
Not taking any online orders.