Hey Guys!

I have a black acoustic maestro that I want to strip and do some woodburning work on it. Does anyone have any tips on how I can strip the clear coat and paint just on the front of the guitar without ruining it if I even can?

All help will be much appreciated
Your only options are sanding and scraping. Sanding would just be a mess, so I'd suggest the cabinet scraper route.

There are going to be two pitfalls to avoid:
1. Once you've done your pyrography, you're going to need to protect the wood again. You're looking at more clear or oil (clear would be best, to match the sides and back) and the implied refinishing/polishing,
2. If you want to make a clean job of it, you're going to want to remove the bridge. Removing it is risky in itself, but putting it back on presents another problem. If the bridge ends up significantly lower (I'm willing to be that you'll remove more material than you spray back on), you'll end up lowering the action of the guitar.
Edit: You could leave the bridge in-situ and scrape around it... probably as much of a nightmare though.

Tbh, i would sand it down, if it were me. it seems like it would be easier, and you would have a bit more control. then you dont have to worry about stipping compounds, which are toxic. Sanding is messy though...
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
Quote by abyssspecter
Tbh, i would sand it down, if it were me. it seems like it would be easier, and you would have a bit more control. then you dont have to worry about stipping compounds, which are toxic. Sanding is messy though...

You don't need any chemicals to use a cabinet scraper. They're beautiful tools, which remove material quicker than sanding and give a surface that feels like it's been planed. We're not talking about those awful decorators' scrapers here...
One summer I was unemployed and burned my Hummingbird knockoff with a magnifying glass. Got a job and didn't finish, but it sure beats sanding and scraping just to refinish it again.