I don't know what it is but I can't get the b7 chord to sound good for the life of me. If I press down with my pinky on the high e string, my ring finger bends back a little and ends up muting the b string. It's bugging the hell out of me. Anyone else have problems with certain chords where it seems like your hands just can't do it? I do have pretty small hands by the way.
which b7 chord?

and i can play most chords that are humanly possible
cept for this voicing of Am9
e5
b8
g5
d9
a7
E5
but its obvious to see why

anyway what chord is it youre playing
possibly put a tab
I have incredibly tiny hands. A friend of mine said to keep working on finger stretching exercises, and maybe it'll help a little bit?
Yeah I too wondered which voicing you're using because 7th chords are really easy barres
(as x24242 or even 797877, I'd go for those as a backup). Is it the x21202 or are you playing some really awkward variant?
I'm using the x21202 voicing. Are there easier ones to use? Thanks for the replies btw.

Edit: Just saw your barre chord suggestions. I'll give those a try!
Last edited by ccmetz2020 at Jan 28, 2014,
Quote by fanapathy
Yeah I too wondered which voicing you're using because 7th chords are really easy barres
(as x24242 or even 797877, I'd go for those as a backup). Is it the x21202 or are you playing some really awkward variant?

Quote by ccmetz2020
I'm using the x21202 voicing. Are there easier ones to use? Thanks for the replies btw.

Edit: Just saw your barre chord suggestions. I'll give those a try!

None of these chords are b7 chords, they're all just 7 chords; a b7 chord doesn't actually exist as far as I'm aware. If you're talking about chords that have a major 3rd and a b7 then that's just a 7 chord.

As for the chord you're trying to play, it's kind of hard to tell why you might be having issues. Can you post some pictures of your fretting hand while trying to play the chord so we can see what you're doing wrong?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I think the confusion is that you are trying to play a B7 chord, not a b7 chord!

The lower case "b" means "flattened" when typewritten, so Eb is "E flat". A "b7" chord means a dominant flattened 7th chord, or the flattened 7th note of a scale.

The x21202 voicing is a B7 chord. It's quite hard, but persevere and you will get there.
I'm still not that good at B7, but keeping my pinky fingernail as short as humanly possible helped with not buzzing the high e string.
I had trouble with that chord too, and I still do sometimes. For me it helped to get the first 3 fingers down first and then get that pinky down before you pick through or strum through the entire chord. If I try to put all my fingers down at the same time the B will be muted sometimes.

I also have trouble with F minor occasionally at the 1st fret, but not so much with F major. It's that minor third that buzzes if my barre isn't good enough.
Victor, I have the same problems, and I have been doing the finger exercises since 1966 and they DON'T WORK. At leased not for me.