i thought you died
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
RIP Godfather of protest music.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Sad to see such a legend pass. Amazing to see that he was still playing at protests right up to the end.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
One of the absolute greats in folk and protest music. A time to be born and a time to die, turn turn turn. Rest in Peace, your mark is too great to whither away
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
total bro. rip
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
1 less commie in the world.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I had no idea people made careers out of being a "protest singer."

Hey man what do you do

I protest things and sing man
My God, it's full of stars!
Heaven is a communist society
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Dreadnought
I had no idea people made careers out of being a "protest singer."

Hey man what do you do

I protest things and sing man

music is the language of the world mang
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by bradulator

"Seeger was a dedicated Stalinist and has not renounced his devotion to communism..."

"To be fair Seeger did eventually get around to realizing the horrors of Stalinism..."

this article isn't really credible at all.

edit: neither is the Examiner ever. you know who can write for the Examiner? literally anybody.
Last edited by Jearl at Jan 28, 2014,
Quote by Jearl
"Seeger was a dedicated Stalinist and has not renounced his devotion to communism..."

"To be fair Seeger did eventually get around to realizing the horrors of Stalinism..."

Is this like a criticism or something cuz what the writer is saying is pretty clear and accurate.

this article isn't really credible at all.

edit: neither is the Examiner ever. you know who can write for the Examiner? literally anybody.

Anybody can write for anything.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-larner/pete-seeger-folk-music-an_b_198511.html?ref=tw
Pete Seeger was a great man, but he was not perfect But I believe that regardless of our status of fame, we are human beings and we learn, grow and evolve as we gain new information and continue to live in the world. Yes, he was Pro Soviet Union, but no one knew at the time what the true horrors were. And as time marched on, he amended his ideals.

His ideals can be summed up through his quotes like "I still call myself a communist, because communism is no more what Russia made of it than Christianity is what the churches make of it. But if by some freak of history communism had caught up with this country, I would have been one of the first people thrown in jail" and "I like to say I'm more conservative than Goldwater. He just wanted to turn the clock back to when there was no income tax. I want to turn the clock back to when people lived in small villages and took care of each other."

Pete Seeger was a complex man with complex views and regardless of whether or not you agree with him, it's easy to see that while he talked the talk, he also walked the walk, something that more people should think about doing.
Pete Seeger, from what I have seen after getting obsessed with Rainbow Quest a few weeks back, is a man of empathy. Full of empathy. His political beliefs were founded on a belief system of empathy. That he did not denounce his communist ideals is applaudable, he apologised for supporting Stalin. But how much did he really support Stalin? Companies such as IMB genuinely supported the Nazis and other despotic regimes through acts rather than words, unlike Pete who is simply one man who held a belief.

Can you blame Pete for supporting Communism at a time when apartheid was still very real, women were still treated as sex objects and a war was being fought in a foreign country for seemingly no reason. Those were all a part of the capitalist system and the main opposing ideology was communism. An ideology based in the idea that the community is central to life. Small wonder he became communist.

Pete's true political belief was one of empathy though. He believed in nature, love, humanity and song. His songs reflected his beautiful take on the world, the lyrics to turn turn turn are so immensely true and powerful.

He wanted to focus on the music rather than the individual, which is probably why many people haven't heard of him, but you most definitely will have heard of some of the songs he popularised. Pete simply loved singing and loved people and his aim seemed to be to get as many people working together and singing together as possible. He never sought fame for himself, only for the songs. He lived away from the city in a house that he built with his own hands, with his wife from when they were young new weds to the days that they died.

His simplicity, honesty and integrity has inspired me.

It's sad to see people hating on him for no real reason. If he had a chance to sit down and chat with you I'm sure he could convince you otherwise. He once spoke to a man who planned to assasinate him and reduced the man to tears. Through compassion.

RIP Pete Seeger - One of the great unsung heroes in this world that actually had his songs sung.

If you've never heard of Rainbow Quest I seriously recommend it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9eDU045u_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDBtrzka2X4

And finally -

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to build up,a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y7P4n2uT0w

EDIT:

Just found this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrM_TGX-KMk

I'm sorry for the long post, I didn't mean it to be this long. But there is so much to say about him, without even replying to the people who seem not to respect him because of his political beliefs (actually it's more likely your own skewed political interests that cause you to see him as an evil man). I could write more, and maybe I should. Anybody that plays guitar would benefit from watching Rainbow Quest and learning some of the simple songs that he worte and made famous.

THANK YOU PETE
Last edited by EddYerb at Jan 29, 2014,
I don't think he was an evil man, I think he was a naive man and his music sucked. A first grader could've written it.