Good morning everyone. I've been noticing more and more that the onboard reverb on my Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 often sounds like there's an unpleasant buzzing sound. I know it's all solid state and digital in there, so am I screwed or is there a way to fix this?

Edit: Listen to it here
Hey - long time no see

Is it digital reverb or analog reverb?

If there is a reverb tank try removing it, cleaning the RCA jacks with contact cleaner (read Dioxit) and open up the tank to make sure the springs appear to be sitting correctly.

If this is digital reverb - I can't think of anything to do.
Hey! Didn't think anyone remembered me on here

I'm 99% sure it's digital - owner's manual says "No user serviceable parts inside."

Upon further inspection, this problem even happens when the reverb is turned off; turning on the reverb just magnifies the issue. I'm guessing I'm SOL.

Edit: Yeah, it's digital.
Last edited by Helicopters! at Jan 28, 2014,
Ugh. I really don't wanna buy a new amp. I love the reverb on this thing. I guess I'll start saving my pennies for a HRD...
Quote by Helicopters!
Hey! Didn't think anyone remembered me on here

I'm 99% sure it's digital - owner's manual says "No user serviceable parts inside."

Upon further inspection, this problem even happens when the reverb is turned off; turning on the reverb just magnifies the issue. I'm guessing I'm SOL.

Edit: Yeah, it's digital.

90% of modern electronics probably says that because they don't want to get sued because of some idiot got zapped. probably have for the last decade or two.

shake it lightly, do you hear jingling, if you do its its a reverb pan. i had an amp that you would get rattling when it was turned up, i just pulled the tank, no problem. i just have to get some thicker bushings so it doesn't get as much vibration to you tank.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If it is spring reverb it goes boom when you punch the amp. See guys? Punching an amp is useful for all sorts of diagnostic purposes.
Being a stereo rig with chorus and stuff, I can't imagine it having a spring tank. They've obviously got some stereo DSP chip in there so why would you add the expense of a tank?

Basically you're screwed. It's probably a dry joint - if you're lucky. If it was mine, I'd pull it apart and resolder anything that didn't look absolutely textbook perfect.
Well ...... history has actually shown that really I'd go out and buy a $2000+ amp and stick the old one in the pile of "one day I'll fix it" equipment.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jan 29, 2014,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
90% of modern electronics probably says that because they don't want to get sued because of some idiot got zapped. probably have for the last decade or two.

shake it lightly, do you hear jingling, if you do its its a reverb pan. i had an amp that you would get rattling when it was turned up, i just pulled the tank, no problem. i just have to get some thicker bushings so it doesn't get as much vibration to you tank.

The post you quoted from Helicopters is a post confirming it is digital reverb.