I got a new laptop recently and am looking for a good music player. I've transferred all my music from my old computer and are sitting in a single folder (with folders by artist/album inside).

I tried Winamp 5.66 but it kept crashing on me and not allowing an error report. I got it to put some of my music in the library but it kept crashing, even when I wasn't doing anything.

Should I try to find the 5.7 beta, or should I just try another program?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Despite what the cool kids on here might tell you, iTunes is some damn good freeware.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
winamp is gone bro. lost forever.

get mediamonkey. or if you want the added pro-ness at the slight expense of simplicity and ease of use, get foobar

btw i am cool, and itunes is shit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Mediamonkey seems to be working well so far. It's still adding to library, but I'll run it through some testing tonight. Thanks for the help though guys!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Try Foobar. I made the switch about 2 months ago and it's pretty awesome!
Ultra customizable and light weight
what you really need is newamp
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I've always used mediamonkey but recently I've made the switch to Musicbee and loving it. Light ,faster than mediamonkey, customizable and with lots of features. Also, if you're on Android, Musicbee has an excellent remote control app, works much better than the other ones.

I've heard good things about foobar, but before I try it, can someone tell me if it can be used to sync with my MP3 player?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Winamp? Yeah I remember that guy.
I use songbird, because it plays .flac and iTunes doesn't (or at least it didn't at the time I tried), but the design is very similar.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
itunes plays ALAC, apple's own flac format
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by YeahKyuss
3 words - Windows Media Player.

my jolly african-american

it crashes a lot though, like if you don't let it start up for like 10 minutes, because I have a ridiculous amount of music in my library
banned
Mediamonkey's the berries.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I have winamp 5.6666 and it's fine
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I thought 5.66 was the final release?

I've tried all these players and still like Winamp the best. It looks like itunes but is much faster/smaller and does more.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by deadsmileyface
my jolly african-american

it crashes a lot though, like if you don't let it start up for like 10 minutes, because I have a ridiculous amount of music in my library

I don't have a lot of music stored on my computer so I like WMP. I'm not picky about its design...WMP works exactly how I need it - it takes my relatively small (>50 albums) music collection and allows me to listen to it on my computer.

However, I don't have much experience with other media players. I had VLC for a while but was never able to adjust to it. I also caved and attempted to convert to iTunes a few weeks ago but iTunes simply wasn't built for a PC user.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I thought 5.66 was the final release?

I've tried all these players and still like Winamp the best. It looks like itunes but is much faster/smaller and does more.

Pretty sure it is cos I downloaded it a few days before it disappeared and it's 5.666
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Winamp went to hell then I guess.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Burgery
itunes plays ALAC, apple's own flac format
That's fine, but all the lossless format music I have had so far was flac, I haven't stumbled upon alac yet. I'm somewhat puzzled why iTunes wouldn't play flac, if flac has been around for approximately the same time as iTunes and not being able to play a certain file type in a media player is annoying. Alac format was introduced 3 years after iTunes/flac.

That said, Songbird plays both flac and alac
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
The Faculty of Computer Science here has a bar called the FooBAR.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore