hey guys I was wondering if I could have some help on this ive currently got a vintage v6 icon but im getting paid by my college next month and was thinking of getting an epiphone les paul studio would this be worth getting or is the guitar im using just about as good thank you
what style of music are you playing?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Honey Burst
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
then yes i feel like that would be an option, honestly though i see a lot of pop punk bands using telecasters now a days, single coil/p90 and humbucker equipped ones, i also have always preferred fender quality over epiphone. What is your budget?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Honey Burst
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
it'd be worth getting if you need more lp-like tones (which probably wouldn't hurt for greenday, though early greenday is a humbucker-loaded superstrat I think).

EDIT: if you wanted a superstrat I've seen some good deals on the HSS fretking blue label super 60 on ebay (but new from gutiar shops). I've seen them round the £300 which is pretty darn good for a guitar with japanese gotoh/wilkinson hardware and 2-piece bodies (made in korea). resale is pretty poor on them, though, compared to more well-known brands.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 28, 2014,
no problem

actually now i think of it they also do a superstrat with a p90 in the bridge as well, which would work well for later greenday tones.

or just go the whole hog and get a lp-special style guitar with p90s, that actually might be the better idea since you already have a strat. Again I've seen the fretking version (the eclat 2) for around £300-£400 I think, but I've only tried their fender-style guitars, not the gibson ones.

I'm guessing epiphone has models with p90s too which'd be worth a try.

vintage probably as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fallen in love with my P90 neck pickup on my Viper 400, Well worth having a guitar with one of those in there. Mainly bridge and should cover all your needs for a long time.

Might be able to get yourself a 2nd hand P90'd tele for £300, seen a few on the facebook guitar pages.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Echoing the above, the Fret-King Super 60HB (HSS) and Super 60SP (P90SS) would both be good options.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!