I may have been playing guitar for a long time but when it comes to wood finishes, I'm not the most knowledgeable.

I'm looking at getting a PRS Tremonti SE Custom but looking at different pictures of the same one, the neck can either be a pretty light colour or reasonably dark. Examples:

Obviously different lighting will affect how things appear but its a pretty big difference. So can the wood colour really differ that much from guitar to guitar or is it just the light?

I much prefer the darker shade
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
yeah it can do

it can be lower quality wood, but it also can be dyed to give the impression it's higher quality wood than it is. guitar companies can be sneaky.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that second pic looks like up lighting, making it washed out..

but some guitar models can come with an ebony board.

or dyed darker like Dave said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Hmm. My best bet will be to go and try one out (an hour train ride away but probably worth it). I tried a similar PRS in a local store which felt fantastic but wasn't the specs I wanted (double cut) and was slightly more expensive.

EDIT: You mention Rob Chappers in your sig and that the shop in question where I willl be going is Andertons, where he works

Quote by jj1565
that second pic looks like up lighting, making it washed out..

but some guitar models can come with an ebony board.

or dyed darker like Dave said.

Yeah, the second one seems to be a really bright light. I thought at first it was an ebony board but its apparently rosewood. My Epiphone LP has a rosewood board as well and its a tad lighter than the first picture.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Jan 28, 2014,
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?