Ok ... I guess for the umpteenth time someone like me is looking for recommendations for the "easiest" LOWER-PRICED electric guitar to start out & learn on...
Open to comments, or directions where I might go to get further good info.
Generally interested in the popular brands ... not 'hard-to-find' stuff.
Please stick to topic & be specific re brand, model no. 'cause this is all NEW to me.
Oh & before someone asks, I have zero experience, regular-size hands, & want to play all types music, but tending towards slow, easy to play pop/rock song. Thanks!
yamaha pacifica 112v or 112j

pretty versatile and easy to come by most places

the string spacing/nut width is maybe a little narrow for some people, so that's worth bearing in mind

bear in mind you'll need an amp (or similar) too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+1, but there are other brands if you dont like the look of strat guitars.

part of it is preference, so look on line in your price range, and ask which are good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah absolutely, that's not the only decent guitar by a longshot, just it's kind of the "safe" choice, both from being pretty versatile and decent for the money and also because it's available most places.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The best guitar to learn on is one you like, I was so set on buying my first guitar that I bought one I didn't really like because the one I did like was out of stock. As a result I didn't really practice very hard and ended up buying a new guitar only a year later. That one I loved, I couldn't keep my hands off of it and as a result I practiced much harder. It was my only guitar for the next 7-8 years. It's only been within the last year and a half that iv begun to buy new guitars again.
Well going to your local GC/Sam Ash/other store would be a good start since there isn't technically a "best" guitar but only guitars that you'll personally like more. Important things like sound and feel, you're only going to figure out after trying the guitar.
Peavey 6505+ Head (Left)
Line 6 Spider IV HD150 Head (Right)
Marshall 1960A 4x12
ESP DV-8
Ibanez RG T42DX
Agile Hornet Pro 727
OK... I was hoping to get a few more actual suggestions...So let me ask this:

can anyone point me somewhere where I might find a credible "list" of suggestions, you know from other sites or threads? or somewhere where this topic is discussed in more detail, mentioning actual suggestions? Thanks
Quote by jargey3000

can anyone point me somewhere where I might find a credible "list" of suggestions, you know from other sites or threads? or somewhere where this topic is discussed in more detail, mentioning actual suggestions? Thanks

most of your tone comes from your amp, so what's your budget?

having guys tell you to get a pacifica (strat), an epiphone studio, or an ibanez gio series is fine,
but they all look completely different.

you can glance at page 1-5 of any musicians friend catalog.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 29, 2014,
Quote by jargey3000

I think there might be something like that in the sticky at the top of the page. "Ultimate FAQ" or something like that.

Though it's probably a bit out of date.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?