cancerr
2 5%
do healing crystals
12 30%
you don't need to go to a hospital
6 15%
Voters: 40.
Page 1 of 2
My lung/rib hurts if I breath in too much. Aside from that, I'm totally fine. I didn't do anything to my lungs or my ribs, so I don't know why it's happening. I got a chest xray for work a few months ago and it came back clean... is it possible to grow cancer overnight?

What's wrong with me, Dr. Pit?
Listen. I'm sorry.
Definitely wear a snorkel.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Have you sneezed/coughed heavily within the last few days?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Could be an air bubble in your ribs, I get that a lot when I go out and it's after I'm warm. Take some ibuprofen or try farting.
STಠ_ಠ
I'm afraid that you have pulmonary edema.

Assuming you've been coughing up blood and other such fluids on a regular basis.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Could be gas trapped. Pat your chest for a bit to work it out. If it doesn't work, have someone vigorously pat your back. It could be sore muscles. If you have been working out/doing a lot of hard work, you could have strained a muscle. I don't know where you live, or how the weather is, but where I am, it is very cold and dry now. The air can cause irritation and discomfort.
Uhh... I mean... You caught the gay, OP.
FORZA CATANIA
If you drank in a contorted position, it'll go away soon enough.

If not, my expertise will not be berry helpful.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

How long has this lasted? Is it a sharp, stabbing or cramping pain, or a dull ache? Is it just on one side? Have you injured that part of your body in the past before? Have you done anything that might have damaged the muscle lately?

So many questions to answer, you're being way too vague if you expect me to keep this thread open much longer...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Dammit Vilk, I'm a doctor, not a doctor!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
It's been going out for about 3 or 4 days I think?

I haven't done anything to damage myself. The pain is sharp and only when I inhale deeply. It started in the lower part of my left lung, but now I feel it in the upper part as well.

I don't have a cough, I haven't been coughing excessively or anything like that.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Well, doesn't sound like anything I've experienced if you've had it for a few days - on a couple of occasions I've experienced something like that for a few hours or so but never for several days. If it's causing you concern, go and see your doctor.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being something serious though... even though I'm not at all qualified, I'd imagine it's probably that you've pulled a muscle pretty bad that is involved with the breathing process in some way (maybe a muscle connected to rib cage, maybe one to do with your abdomen or raising the diaphragm etc. ).
take up smoking
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I do smoke. I've been not smoking for the past few days since this started but usually by nighttime I accidentally smoke a cigarette. But I'm thinking this is the sign that I should quit. Jesus I'm only 24 and I don't even smoke a pack every 3 days so my lungs must be pussy as shit if it's the fault of smoking...
Listen. I'm sorry.
do you feel any breathlessness since this pain came on? could be a mild pneumothorax...a relatively common totally treatable thing.
A Muse man through and through ...

bite me
well, what does breathlessness mean? I have been avoiding breathing in too deeply because it hurts like shit, so I just take these little wimpy shallow breaths all day.
Listen. I'm sorry.
it means do you feel short of breath? what you have is called pleuritic pain and can mean a lot of things. at your age (im assuming you're in your twenties) a common thing is pneumothorax like i said. it could also be an infection however, or a small effusion (which means you've got excess fluid in the pleural space in front of your lung). whatever the case, since its persisted for 3 days, I would go see your doctor. it doesn't sound like anything serious though so relax.
A Muse man through and through ...

bite me
Quote by vilk
I do smoke. I've been not smoking for the past few days since this started but usually by nighttime I accidentally smoke a cigarette. But I'm thinking this is the sign that I should quit. Jesus I'm only 24 and I don't even smoke a pack every 3 days so my lungs must be pussy as shit if it's the fault of smoking...

That's like pissing on an inferno dude. Go and get another chest x-ray or at least see a doc. Could be a variety of things but chest issues are usually easy for a doctor to diagnose.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by KnightOfCyd
it means do you feel short of breath? what you have is called pleuritic pain and can mean a lot of things. at your age (im assuming you're in your twenties) a common thing is pneumothorax like i said. it could also be an infection however, or a small effusion (which means you've got excess fluid in the pleural space in front of your lung). whatever the case, since its persisted for 3 days, I would go see your doctor. it doesn't sound like anything serious though so relax.

No offence, but I wouldn't be so quick to diagnose his pain even that far when all we've been told so far is that it's a sharp pain when he breathes in deeply (so presumably at the end of the motion of the muscles involved in moving the chest/abdomen while breathing), and he's had it a few days. To be honest, I think it's far more likely he's done something to a muscle(s) that are used commonly and will be fine very soon, but he should definitely see a doctor if it's causing him discomfort and worry.
This sounds like a severe case of hypochrondia
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
If you live in a developed country (not the US) go see a doctor. It'll be dirt cheap or free and you'll actually be properly examined.

If you live in an undeveloped country (the US) you have a decision to make. Crippling debt or crippling pain?

But seriously though, go see a doctor, it can't hurt.

Unless you live in the USA.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
If it's been going on for 3 days and is more painful than "it kinda hurts, but whatever" then I think you should go to the doctor.

edit: and you should definitely wear a snorkel
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jan 29, 2014,
Could simply be a trapped nerve? I had that a little while ago and it kinda sounds like what you're describing - clean xrays and all.
Just to be different from everyone else, I'm gonna guess this is costochondritis.

But I really have no idea. Go to a doctor. With with a proper history and a physical exam, your doctor will probably know what this is right of the bat.
Last edited by GoldfishMoon at Jan 29, 2014,
Well I went to the doctor, and he x-rayed my lungs and I got a blood test and the thing where they put electrodes all over my body to test my heart

the verdict is, doc didn't know what the cause was, but it wasn't a hole in my lungs, and he felt it wouldn't have been worth the money to do more tests because it's probably virus or allergy related and will just go away. He said if I still have it in a couple months that I need to come back.

I've been taking otc painkillers, and they are pretty OK enough for me to get on with my life. I dunno why I didn't just think of taking pain killers to begin with. I guess I didn't realize that they can also work on your lungs, not just your legs and arms and shit.

I admit that I am a bit of a worrywart, but I mean my lungs were legitimately hurting--it wasn't in my mind. Should I feel embarrassed for seeing a doctor?
Listen. I'm sorry.
Last edited by vilk at Jan 31, 2014,
Quote by vilk
I admit that I am a bit of a worrywart, but I mean my lungs were legitimately hurting--it wasn't in my mind. Should I feel embarrassed for seeing a doctor?

nah you've got pain meds now s' all gud.
You have the fag-plague and that's all they are willing to do for people like you. Burn in hell, faggot.
You've probably just pulled a muscle around your ribs. Or possibly it was caused by you sleeping in a weird position, such as with one arm under your ribs. Happens to me all the time, infact the older I get the more often in happens. I wake up one day with a sharp pain in my ribs that makes it more difficult to breath and by the end of the week it's feeling better.
Page 1 of 2