so they are dual recs, right? diode and solid state rectifiers? i have heard of them with both EL34 and KT77's.

i have the trem-o-verb should i consider one? i like the mesa EL34 thing kind of thing.

has anybody played on one?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yes they are dual rectifiers, but they sound more like a pissed off Marshall than a Mesa Recto. The few I have tried have also been pretty bright sounding, but it was always with a Mesa V30 cab so different speakers could help a lot.

I'd say try one before you get rid of your trem-o-verb. I have heard people refer to them as a rectifier with no ass to them.

Personally if you want to get rid of the Mesa, I'd look at a used Splawn Nitro or Pro-comp. They have the Marshall thing going and they have the big Mesa lows.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
+1 to Splawn. Awesome sounding amps
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Owned a Stiletto Trident for a very short period. Very loud, very middy I played it thru a wgs vet 30 and et65 it sounded Awesome!! Just tooo loud overall for a home rig. Maybe the Deuce will be a little tamer.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

yeah. trashedlostfdup needs another Splawn

get a Road King Derek and be done with it.

I didn't even see those in his sig
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yes they are dual rectifiers, but they sound more like a pissed off Marshall than a Mesa Recto. The few I have tried have also been pretty bright sounding, but it was always with a Mesa V30 cab so different speakers could help a lot.

I'd say try one before you get rid of your trem-o-verb
. I have heard people refer to them as a rectifier with no ass to them.

Personally if you want to get rid of the Mesa, I'd look at a used Splawn Nitro or Pro-comp. They have the Marshall thing going and they have the big Mesa lows.

i am not ditching the tremoverb. just an addition to my collection.

its sold so if another pops up i will go and run through one and see if its something i want.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I almost traded for one once. I played it, thought it was pretty cool, but I doubt that it will do anything that your Splawns won't do in spades. Of course, that may not necessarily be any reason to not get one for you

I think it would be a neat one to grab, definitely don't see them everyday. A lot of the time you can find them for pretty cheap, too.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I've always read kind of 'iffy' reports on the Stilettos.

I would def be after a Road King or maybe a Royal Atlantic.

I need an RA. So bad. Painfully bad.
The Stiletto has always reminded me of a Quickrod, but harder to dial in. Better cleans though.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I need an RA. So bad. Painfully bad.

Yes, you do. Awesome Mids, specially towards the high end. Very nice cut and very loud.

Quote by icronic
The Stiletto has always reminded me of a Quickrod, but harder to dial in. Better cleans though.

Clean is very nice indeed and it's chunky because of the low Mids, very nice growl. I have the Trident.

The RA and Stiletto both retain the huge Mesa sound.
Quote by Ippon
Yes, you do. Awesome Mids, specially towards the high end. Very nice cut and very loud.

I have played one ONCE but it was so awesome. I really don't jive with Mesa normally, I had a MK III and a 2 Channel Rec and I just couldn't love them, but the RA was hawt.