Hi all,

I'm looking at the Schecter Omen Extreme 7 as my next guitar and adventuring in to 7-string world. I currently have an Omen 6 and I love it but was wondering on thoughts for using the Omen Extreme 7 as a guitar for live shows. I'm choosing the extreme purely for Mahogany body and wanted thoughts on this.
Quote by clarkfjc
Hi all,

I'm looking at the Schecter Omen Extreme 7 as my next guitar and adventuring in to 7-string world. I currently have an Omen 6 and I love it but was wondering on thoughts for using the Omen Extreme 7 as a guitar for live shows. I'm choosing the extreme purely for Mahogany body and wanted thoughts on this.

It's not a bad guitar, good playablity. But in my opinion seven strings are a bitch for live shows. You've gotta get your tone and string gauge just right if you want it to sound beefy/heavy yet precise. That's if your concerned about the tone?
Originally posted by suckmybassriffs
To become the great tabber, you must first... BECOME A TAB!

Originally posted by Svelle
dude your like the tabbing-master... seriously!
Quote by slipknot836
It's not a bad guitar, good playablity. But in my opinion seven strings are a bitch for live shows. You've gotta get your tone and string gauge just right if you want it to sound beefy/heavy yet precise. That's if your concerned about the tone?

That's fair. I am definitely worried about tone to an extent. It doesn't have to be perfect per se, I'm a rhythm guitarist and what I play is fairly simple to an extent and I really just want it heavier. The gauge I'm looking at are 10-59's (standard 10-46 with 59 for B) and looking at the 6505 combo 1x12 for the amp and either ripping the amp out fully or just using external speakers for better quality sound.