good evening

like i said on the electric guitar forum im updating my gear

so on my last thread here some members told me to get the vox vt20 ( i was searching for a modeling amp) but i found out that the shipping will cost me alot more than the amp price

so i went to a local guitar shop he showed me washburn parallaxe 20 guitar which i liked and when i told him about me ordering an amp he told me that they will bring a new amps in about month and a half the Randall RG80 is one of them and told me to run a digitech rp500 processor through it for modeling

i always thought of the randall amps as a metal amps and i never play metal it might go ok with classic rock but can it be good for blues also ?

I like Randall amps myself..and Yes..Randall is known for Heavy Metal..but..the clean channel is really nice also! Personally, I do not care for Analog/Digital Effects nor amp
modeling..I search for the true sounds that the amp produces..no matter what brand!
I own a older Randall RG80 Classic,2x10 limited production run combo,US made solid
state..run a Ibanez TubeScreamer pedal out in front and get a good Texas Twang
Bluesy sound out of it(SRV Type) Remember,theirs a big sound difference from a SS amp
to a Tube Amp...and their are only two SS amps (IMO)that come close to a true tube
sound..Randall RG Series and Trace Elliot Super Tramp..if your looking for good drive and
a bluesy sound..but do not limit your options to only those..their are plenty of really good amps out there! Try everything before you buy..to see which amp fits you the best!
If you need a amp or pedals sent to you from the states..let me know..my wife works
for a international shipping company...and their are many ways of saving $$$ on all
types of musical equipment!

Let me know what you decide to do...
Respects.
This is a killer practice / small mic'ed gig amp. Very punchy and honest sound ofr a solid state amp. They can do bluesy/rock to modern metal without a problem. Clean sound is ok, but it's not its strenght.
LTD Viper 1000 Deluxe
Simon & Patrick CW GT Vintageburst
Egnater Vengeance
ISP Technologies Theta (for sale)
ISP Technologies Vector (for sale)
Randall RG75DG2
Maxon OD808
Boss Super Shifter PS-5
Boss Chromatic Tuner TU-3
Quote by Stormymonday
I like Randall amps myself..and Yes..Randall is known for Heavy Metal..but..the clean channel is really nice also! Personally, I do not care for Analog/Digital Effects nor amp
modeling..I search for the true sounds that the amp produces..no matter what brand!
I own a older Randall RG80 Classic,2x10 limited production run combo,US made solid
state..run a Ibanez TubeScreamer pedal out in front and get a good Texas Twang
Bluesy sound out of it(SRV Type) Remember,theirs a big sound difference from a SS amp
to a Tube Amp...and their are only two SS amps (IMO)that come close to a true tube
sound..Randall RG Series and Trace Elliot Super Tramp..if your looking for good drive and
a bluesy sound..but do not limit your options to only those..their are plenty of really good amps out there! Try everything before you buy..to see which amp fits you the best!
If you need a amp or pedals sent to you from the states..let me know..my wife works
for a international shipping company...and their are many ways of saving $$$ on all
types of musical equipment!

Let me know what you decide to do...
Respects.

thanks man you gave some good info about the randall

the problem here is that there is not alot of options when it comes to amps here (yamaha..line 6 spider... and fender but i forget which series but its out of my budget) and finally the randall which the store is bringing ( i think he said they will bring kustom amps also )

and if im ordering any effects i will direct message
Quote by PatrickChampoux
This is a killer practice / small mic'ed gig amp. Very punchy and honest sound ofr a solid state amp. They can do bluesy/rock to modern metal without a problem. Clean sound is ok, but it's not its strenght.

thanks dude

i thing im going to learn some metal songs just to listen to this amp 100% performance