I want a pure volume boost.

Everything is trying to sell "how much they improve the tone!" to me and I'm not interested.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
What you really need is a new amp.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
i have owned a couple of BBE pedals, sold the sonix maximzer, i have their TS typed pedal as well and it sees use, and at the time it was cheap. i use their iso unit for pedals on my pedal board. they have always treated me well.

BUT

i haven't even notable played one. so no rec from me on this. MXR is a decent company.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Tremolo Bum
What you really need is a new amp.

That is being worked on!

Might have something good in a few days actually. Depending on how it pans out. Can't say much because of the curse and all that.

Though despite the point, I'm really not kidding/being fanboyish or delusional when I say the VIP DOES take pedals well. I'm gonna make a video to show it soon.

Quote by NakedInTheRain
get an eq with a volume control.

That's like the opposite of what I want. I want a pedal that doesn't allow me to change my frequencies. And I doubt the volume control on the 10 Band is very clean anyway.

Anyway, I remember a pedal that is what I want: the CAE Boost. That's the ticket for what I need right there.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jan 30, 2014,
Quote by Offworld92
That is being worked on!

Might have something good in a few days actually. Depending on how it pans out. Can't say much because of the curse and all that.

Though despite the point, I'm really not kidding/being fanboyish or delusional when I say the VIP DOES take pedals well. I'm gonna make a video to show it soon.

That's like the opposite of what I want. I want a pedal that doesn't allow me to change my frequencies. And I doubt the volume control on the 10 Band is very clean anyway.

Anyway, I remember a pedal that is what I want: the CAE Boost. That's the ticket for what I need right there.

Quote by Offworld92
I love how people are so adverse to honest advice that we have to defend ourselves for giving it...

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Offworld92

you don't move the sliders, you leave them flat. this is your reassurance that the only thing being boosted is volume.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by NakedInTheRain
you don't move the sliders, you leave them flat. this is your reassurance that the only thing being boosted is volume.

Or I can get a CAE Boost that I know is completely transparent, taking up 1/3 of the board space and not running 18V.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
That is the downfall of the MXR 10 band. The extra 18v adaptor can be a pain in the ass on a tight pedalboard.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Quote by Offworld92
Or I can get a CAE Boost that I'm told is completely transparent, taking up 1/3 of the board space and not running 18V.

fixed.

and i was talking about a modded ge-7.
Xotic makes a nice 1 knob clean boost that won't color the sound. I'd suggest looking at that or similar.
Quote by RJH11
Tc electronic spark boost.

+1. I haven't played with one, but I went to a TC Electronic demo day at my local shop one time and it seemed to have a very clean boost. It's capable of pretty significant volume increases. In my opinion, the rep at the demo day had it cranked way too much; almost doubled his volume by turning the pedal on.
I owned one long enough to reverse engineer it and
used ideas from it and others to handwire my own
clean boost. But the Tc is very nice and pretty transparent.
budget? about 80?

a more expensive option is the lizard leg flying dragon boost. very nice but more expensive.

the mxr / custom audio electronics line driver is good. lovepedal amp 50 (discontinued but still in online stores), catalinbread chili picoso booster, TC Spark mini booster, JHS mini bomb booster,

up to about 150 gives you a whole lot of options, but i have tried a Flickinger effects (local to Raleigh NC) bomb boost and its AWESOME. but its right at 150.

if it were me, i would get a mini pedal (why does a boost pedal need to be large, it only boosts!), and get something with a MOSFET or JFET function because i think it sounds more natural, simple, high quality build.

i would also get some tone shaping things too but you dont want that.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Ep booster or a ehx lpb-1
Quote by ikey_
budget? about 80?

a more expensive option is the lizard leg flying dragon boost. very nice but more expensive.

the mxr / custom audio electronics line driver is good. lovepedal amp 50 (discontinued but still in online stores), catalinbread chili picoso booster, TC Spark mini booster, JHS mini bomb booster,

up to about 150 gives you a whole lot of options, but i have tried a Flickinger effects (local to Raleigh NC) bomb boost and its AWESOME. but its right at 150.

if it were me, i would get a mini pedal (why does a boost pedal need to be large, it only boosts!), and get something with a MOSFET or JFET function because i think it sounds more natural, simple, high quality build.

i would also get some tone shaping things too but you dont want that.

I'm trying to spend more like $50. I can get a CAE Boost for like $75.

I have had a lot of recommendations for the TC Spark, I think that'll definitely be looking at. What about the Spark Mini though? Tiny footprint, only a boost knob. Does that one keep the EQ unchanged? PGS is B Stocking the Spark Mini for $77. Though they'll probably be out by the time I get around to getting it.

It'll honestly be probably the last pedal I get. I can use my Fish & Chips for now.

PGS had the TC Trinity on B Stock for a while. I beat around the bush too long. It was like $116. Can't even find them used that cheap now. Stupid me.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Mini spark is the same with less options I believe.
Try it the full size was good bet the mini is to.
I have a boost a grande and a lpb-1, the boost a grande sounds way better. Much less noise and color in the tone. Generally in the loop of my or15.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.