Page 1 of 4
So, there's a lot of threads about the best guitarists, but who do you think is the worst, or least skilled? I mean only professional guitarists from famous bands.

I'd go with Amen from Lordi. I love the band and I love him, but he's nothing more than an intermediate player.
Last edited by Poglia at Jan 29, 2014,
I think you mean "least skilled."

I have no opinion on the matter.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Steven Seagal.

I mean, sure yeah he'll break your neck, but he'll also break your headstock as well.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
jimmy hendricks and kirk coban
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
That bitch from nirvana or whatever who blow his brains out. I think his name was captain kurt or something.
Quote by macashmack
That bitch from nirvana or whatever who blow his brains out. I think his name was captain kurt or something.

Kurt Angel he does magic tricks now.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Lil Wayne
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
all

your mum. maybe she needs a new amp.
Also fred durst.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by macashmack

Captain Kirk?! I LOVE THAT GUY!
Yngwie Malmsteen. Dude can't play worth a damn
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
The guys from Rammstein but that could just be down to the way that their music doesn't use complex guitar work. Richard though I can tell is a good guitarist. The other one has a really odd, pretty bad looking technique for anything other than power chords.

Still love their music though.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Tom Delonge

+1

I love his work and all but he is who I came to post
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by ChucklesMginty
> he is who I was came to post

Lolwut
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Cobain and Tom Delonge Id say

but hey, they made a living so who are we to judge. Apparently they're good enough.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
People need to stop believing that how 'good' a musician is based on their technical skill.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
People need to stop believing that how 'good' a musician is based on their technical skill.

This.
Quote by angusfan16
Tony loomi

RIP In Peace Loombag

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Last edited by caeser1156 at Jan 29, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Truth
Daron Malakian from System of a Down.
I daresay his playing has gotten worse since the early days... it's a little painful watching him play guitar live sometimes.

Yet, great band!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

True, but the question in the OP was who the least technically skilled guitarist is. It said nothing about good or bad musicianship.

OT: I don't care enough to have an opinion.
Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen, just because their music is some of the most bland ever made.

Oh wait, isn't that subjective, just like all music?

Just because somebody isn't that good of a guitarist, doesn't mean that they are bad musicians.

Shred might be my least favorite genre ever, just because I have no interest in music that is technically difficult just to be it. Therefore, I lump guys like Rusty Cooley and Vai in the group "musicians I have no real interest in". Sure, they might be technical geniuses, but that doesn't mean that their music is even remotely interesting for many people.

/end rant
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Quote by Fishybones
Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen, just because their music is some of the most bland ever made.

Just because somebody isn't that good of a guitarist, doesn't mean that they are bad musicians.

Shred might be my least favorite genre ever, just because I have no interest in music that is technically difficult just to be it. Therefore, I lump guys like Rusty Cooley and Vai in the group "musicians I have no real interest in". Sure, they might be technical geniuses, but that doesn't mean that their music is even remotely interesting for many people.

/end rant

True, but the question in the OP was who the least technically skilled guitarist is. It said nothing about good or bad musicianship.
Quote by Fishybones

/end rant

Why do people lump Yngwie in with Vai and other shredders? They are nothing alike, Vai plays mostly instrumental music and Yngwie plays mostly conventional Verse>Chorus songs with a singer. Apart from when he lets lose in the solo break Yngwie isn't shredding. He's laying down a groove or riffing with the best of them.
this thread reminds me of gold ol' fashioned 09 UG. "yeeeaaahhhh lets talk about metal guitarists and which one is t3h sux0rz!!!!"

**** that noise. the least skilled "professional guitarist" is not a professional.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Unless its a piano, **** Alicia Keys. So much hype for so little tallent.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by MegadethFan18
Why do people lump Yngwie in with Vai and other shredders? They are nothing alike, Vai plays mostly instrumental music and Yngwie plays mostly conventional Verse>Chorus songs with a singer. Apart from when he lets lose in the solo break Yngwie isn't shredding. He's laying down a groove or riffing with the best of them.

Because he's got those sweet licks yo.

And by licks I mean licking donuts.

Because he's fat.

Because he ate too much.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Quote by ichiefG13
karate kid

he's better than Steve Vai
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
he's better than Steve Vai

im going to watch that movie again
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by angusfan16
Tony loomi

You shut your face you fucking waste of space.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Fishybones
Because he's got those sweet licks yo.

And by licks I mean licking donuts.

Because he's fat.

Because he ate too much.

ScouterMad.JPG
The guys from Amon Amarth are terrible.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

It's an undeniably integral part of being a musician. Anyone who disagrees is just trying to justify their slop. Or don't you realize that "technical skill" means a whole lot more than just playing fast?
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jan 29, 2014,
Quote by the bartender
Lil Wayne

nah he'll be remember as a revolutionary when he dies
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by British_Steal
Cobain and Tom Delonge Id say

but hey, they made a living so who are we to judge. Apparently they're good enough.

I definitely agree their guitar parts are rubbish, but to be fair if I was a singer/guitarist like them I'd probably water down my guitar parts too to be easier to play live since it's not too easy to focus on 2 things at the same time.
Peavey 6505+ Head (Left)
Line 6 Spider IV HD150 Head (Right)
Marshall 1960A 4x12
ESP DV-8
Ibanez RG T42DX
Agile Hornet Pro 727
Quote by StewieSwan

It's an undeniably integral part of being a musician. Anyone who disagrees is just trying to justify their slop. Or don't you realize that "technical skill" means a whole lot more than just playing fast?

I'm aware of that, but 'technical skill' has the connotation of utilizing techniques that are difficult to learn, to a very large majority of people. And so that's how a lot of people consider a musician as being technically skilled.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 29, 2014,
Page 1 of 4