Hey guys, just wondering what Preamp tubes I can get to make my Engl (Fireball 60, silver face) less sterile sounding?

Long shot I know, was just curious to see what was out there.

Thanks.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I know the JJ ECC83s are very highly recommended for high gain applications, at least for the V1 position. I'm not a tube expert, but that's a good place to start. What do you have in there right now?
I'm retubing an H&K Switchblade, also accused of the German Sterile sound. I've done a bit of research, and it seems J&J and Mullard get the best reviews. I'd look at the Mullards. That's what I'm going with.
I'm not sure about heavier tones but I've taken a liking to old GE 12ax7's. I tried one in my rebel 20, didn't like it at first but after cranking the amp for an hour or so I noticed more growl and crispiness yet it stayed nice and thick. Granted I was using a JJ 12at7 in it (v1) for awhile before but I was so impressed with the GE I bought a couple more ($15 US, used). Sounds great in my epi vj too. Again, I don't know metal tone, just throwing it out there.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by ibanez1997
I know the JJ ECC83s are very highly recommended for high gain applications, at least for the V1 position. I'm not a tube expert, but that's a good place to start. What do you have in there right now?

12AX7's I think!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Oh right... SOrry, I have a feeling they're JJ's right now... But I'll look later!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100