I did a trade with a guy I met over facebook, swapping my Ibanez SZR520 (w/ hardcase) + £50 for his Schecter C-1 Elite.

He mentioned before we did the transaction that the guitar had a crack in the paint at the neck-joint, but almost unnoticeable, needs new strings and a screw at the input socket sticks out a little bit.

I stated that my Ibanez had a hairline crack in the neck-joint too, there was a bit of buckle rash at the back, but only noticeable under certain lighting conditions and a bit of the edge of the nut had chipped off, but still holds tune and plays well.

Under that understanding we went ahead with the trade.

Upon getting the Schecter I noticed that the crack in the neck is a fair bit more severe than mine (still only in the paint though I think), the input socket needs resoldering, the screw threads at the input socket have worn and it needs a setup.

My question is: Should I still pay that £50 or do you reckon with all the points mention, it should really be a straight trade? Keep in mind that the ibanez was shipped with a molded hardcase, nicely setup, fresh(ish) strings and everything soldered correctly.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
If it's only a finish crack, then it isn't anything to really worry about. But we can't know for sure without good quality pics.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I'll try get some images just need a higher quality camera.

Is there any way I can patch up cracks in paint to prevent it getting worse? maybe adding some laquer or something?
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
When buying or trading used guitars, actual amounts agreed are subject to change after checking the guitars. A used guitar's actual worth can only be determined after physical inspection.
Quote by royc
When buying or trading used guitars, actual amounts agreed are subject to change after checking the guitars. A used guitar's actual worth can only be determined after physical inspection.

So I'm not in the wrong if I ask for money off, if i don't think its worth it?

Here is an image of the guitar, the best I could get on my phone.

As you can see, there's a crack coming away from the fretboard and then goes along the side of the neck, parallel to the neck binding. (You may have to zoom in to get a better look)

Cheers
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Quote by Carl21221
So I'm not in the wrong if I ask for money off, if i don't think its worth it?

Cheers

Yes, used guitar prices are the seller's estimate and is subject to evaluation of the guitar by the buyer. I suggest you bring that to a luthier to determine the extent. I hope it is nothing serious.
I will be in the minority, but oh well....and this is nothing personal Carl. He told you there was a neck joint crack in the paint. He didn't lie. Did he say his was worse than yours? No. So keep your word. As far as the jack, well....it is extremely minor....I would go through with the deal. I bet he can find a small defect on your guitar too if he looks very carefully, and I bet he does just that if you try to change the money amount. Having said theat....whatever you do...good luck.
Well despite whether or not I should ask for a straight trade instead, do you guys think (based on the image I posted) that it is only a finish crack and shouldn't get worse?

In all fairness, the guy said that if there were any repairs that needed to be paid for, I could take it out of the £50. He's a genuine guy so I didn't and still don't think he's trying to rip me off by any means.

Cheers for all your opinions so far guys!
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT