Does anyone have experience with the current version of this amp?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Tour-TKO-115-400W-1x15-Bass-Combo-Amp-105344311-i1445926.gc

I'm needing to pick up a bass amp and one of these popped up locally. I'm a longtime guitarist and have recently stepped into the bass world with a couple bands, and I'm tired of using whatever amp happens to be available . I'll be running this with a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass, the one with the active preamp and single humbucker if that matters.

I've read that in reality it's a 150W amp instead of 400W
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jan 30, 2014,
If it's 150 watt RMS, it may struggle in certain band situations. I've never been blown away by any of my experiences with Peavey amps (especially in that regard).
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
The Peavey Tour TKO 115 is rated at 400 watts. It is loud, and a bit large for a typical 1x15" combo amplifier. It has a good tone and is a good amp for all but the louder gigs, since there is a speaker output to drive a separate cabinet. The only drawbacks are the large size (it is a very deep combo, which makes lifting it a bit difficult) and the fact that it weighs 73 pounds. But if you can handle the size and the weight, you'll have yourself a fine bass amplifier.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Yeah, I own one, and it hasn't let me down yet. I always use it with an extension cab, so either way I'll be getting the full 400w.

As previously said, great tone but really cumbersome.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.