I've been playing for about 6 years now, i know a bunch of scales and are familiar with the shapes. How can I transition those scales into songs and riffs?
moved to MT
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
you don't without a lot of study and application, bar taking the trial and error approach ad infinitum.

theory is an excellent tool, and, frankly, knowledge of it, conscious or otherwise, is one of the main things that separates an amateur or hobbyist from a seasoned professional. but without knowledge of the sounds, its uses are limited.

familiarize yourself with the sounds, and repeat that until they're internalized. learn the sound of a major scale and the harmonic minor scale, and study the works of other musicians to learn how they have been used.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by skunktape
I've been playing for about 6 years now, i know a bunch of scales and are familiar with the shapes. How can I transition those scales into songs and riffs?

Study musicians who use those scales.

Also, do you just know the shapes, or do you know the sounds and intervals of the scales? If it's the former, you don't really know the scales. You just know how your fingers can move. Music isn't about shapes; it's about sound.