Utah has a really rubbish education system.

They made the wrong call. Should've given the kids lunch, and then informed the parents that they owed money.
Yeah! That'll teach them not to be a child!
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Back when I was in school, you were allowed to owe certain amount (like $5, I think) and anything past that and the lunch ladies just wouldn't let you take the food out of the kitchen. You would be provided a PBJ and milk for free though. How did these kids get the food from the line if they didn't have the funds to pay for it and there wasn't any money on their accounts? Poor organization on the school's part. They wouldn't have to throw anything away if they just said "Sorry, you owe $11. You can't get the chicken fingers and ice cream."
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jan 30, 2014,
It was that damn sasquatch.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Honey Burst
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Wow. That's some seriously poor judgment on the behalf of school administrators. There really wasn't any other way to handle that situation?
Quote by VanTheKraut
Back when I was in school, you were allowed to owe certain amount (like $5, I think) and anything past that and the lunch ladies just wouldn't let you take the food out of the kitchen. You would be provided a PBJ and milk for free though. How did these kids get the food from the line if they didn't have the funds to pay for it and there wasn't any money on their accounts? Poor organization on the school's part. They wouldn't have to throw anything away if they just said "Sorry, you owe $11. You can't get the chicken fingers and ice cream."

That's how it was for me as well.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by WCPhils
they'll live

right, bastards could use some humbling. damn kids today.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Honey Burst
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Quote by bradulator
typical americans not giving away free stuff to people

The issue I have is they took it back from the kids and threw it away. That's just ignorance of the highest magnitude.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
And people wonder why I've been saying for years that the US school system needs an overhaul...

They have? Who?
A simple "hey kid, we screwed up and gave you a meal for free. This ones on the house but please remind your parents to pay next time!" would have worked.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
They have? Who?

"They".

Nah, I have several family members and friends in education, and they don't like discussing it with me because I usually say things like, "The US education system is number 35 on the list of best-educated Western countries." and "Teachers may do some work during the summer, but there really is no reason that the majority of the US schools still are giving summers off." You would think, though, since I usually agree with them about teacher pay...they wouldn't mind so much.
Quote by DukeDeRox
A simple "hey kid, we screwed up and gave you a meal for free. This ones on the house but please remind your parents to pay next time!" would have worked.

The kids would not have went with that.
Quote by macashmack
The kids would not have went with that.

Really? Wtf would they have gone with?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Really? Wtf would they have gone with?

They would have taken the food and not told their parents due to not really caring. I'm not condoning what the school did.
Sounds like a case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.

The cafeteria workers donked up and gave some kids food when they weren't supposed to. Instead of accepting the blame and stopping the kids next time, they wasted food and made the kids feel like they did something wrong.
I have no idea how your cafeterias work then. How do you get the food without paying for it?

You guys should try like, giving people the food after they pay for it or something. Who the hell keeps an account with their school?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"They".

Nah, I have several family members and friends in education, and they don't like discussing it with me because I usually say things like, "The US education system is number 35 on the list of best-educated Western countries." and "Teachers may do some work during the summer, but there really is no reason that the majority of the US schools still are giving summers off." You would think, though, since I usually agree with them about teacher pay...they wouldn't mind so much.

the loss of summer vacation would be a travesty and you know it
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Teachers may do some work during the summer, but there really is no reason that the majority of the US schools still are giving summers off."

Why not?
Quote by willT08
I have no idea how your cafeterias work then. How do you get the food without paying for it?

You guys should try like, giving people the food after they pay for it or something. Who the hell keeps an account with their school?

At my school you grabbed everything you wanted for lunch and went to the register where they'd ring you up. I suppose if you touched the food with out a glove, you can't re-sell it.

Of course this lead to many stolen cookies and sodas in hoodies.
Quote by macashmack
They would have taken the food and not told their parents due to not really caring. I'm not condoning what the school did.

The school had already notified the parents. They need bitch slapped too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by DukeDeRox
At my school you grabbed everything you wanted for lunch and went to the register where they'd ring you up. I suppose if you touched the food with out a glove, you can't re-sell it.

Of course this lead to many stolen cookies and sodas in hoodies.

Yeah for sure but then they'd be taking back the food because they stole it. Not because they'd somehow paid for it with an empty account and walked off thinking they'd paid for it
Quote by willT08
Yeah for sure but then they'd be taking back the food because they stole it. Not because they'd somehow paid for it with an empty account and walked off thinking they'd paid for it

I meant stolen as in people literally just stuffing their pockets before the register lol It wasn't a smart system. I had never seen the workers take back the food though. They always just let you have it if you were short or something.

But we did have an account linked to our school IDs. You always had to have it around your neck and the barcode had all your shit on it, though, you could always pay with cash like I did.
Quote by DukeDeRox

But we did have an account linked to our school IDs. You always had to have it around your neck and the barcode had all your shit on it, though, you could always pay with cash like I did.

different world
Go Utah, way to be. I was worried that we might actually be getting somewhere good after the whole gay marriage legalization, but after the subsequent legal fight between the two sides on that legalization thing and this, I think my faith may have been curb-stomped with spiked boots.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"They".

Not going into discussion with this too much, but you have no idea wtf you are talking about. If you're not a teacher you don't really have any grounds to claim these kinds of things.
I work in IT, so I get 25 free days to spend in a year. which is fine, because I don't have to work with annoying kids in their ****ing puberty.
Kids at school are a horror. and yes, teacher know they are signing up for that, but that doesn't mean they do not deserve extra vacation (in which, btw, they still work, grade papers/homework, take different courses and prepare their lessons)

realistically you and me do not know what teachers are going through, and that's why your family probably dislikes talking to you about it. because you are not able to relate to them.

Besides, wtf is there too do at school when all the children are on vacation except for the things I already said above.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by neidnarb11890
kids need to learn fiscal responsibility we cannot make them dependent on handouts

All i'm saying, is it seems like parents got told they needed to pay, they ignored em, and the school got pissy.

my question is this. Who dun it. i really hope it was the lunch ladies.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
realistically you and me do not know what teachers are going through, and that's why your family probably dislikes talking to you about it. because you are not able to relate to them.

And because he comes across as a dick.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
And because he comes across as a dick.

I didn't want to put it that way, but basicly yes. discussing someone else's job and acting like you feel like you know what's going on is kind of a dick move.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Jackal58
The school had already notified the parents. They need bitch slapped too.

Yo Jackal, NFL Mafia starts Saturday Night. Be there or be square.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Sometimes I really hate people.

If you're going to waste the food, why not just let the kids eat it?
(Invalid img)

I always thought that it was an embarrassment for grown people to type like this, but whatever. Fighting ill-thought-out kneejerk reactions in kind is definitely a dumb parent thing to do.

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/dmduvalle?fref=ts

That's her facebook. Apparently it got her enough attention that she changed her cover photo to that lady from the "**** You" banner is was before.

Her status from last week said "Have A Great Day..................**** 'em if they can't take a joke!!! **** 'em ALL!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! " Then she shared a video of "No More Tears" by Ozzy.

Parents these days. Where's a headshake emoticon when you need it?

Quote by willT08

Leave it to Will to take one school somewhere in Utah's mistake and make it a US vs UK thing.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jan 31, 2014,