Hey everyone.

I'll go straight to the point: I just bought a brand new Egnater vengeance. I have always had high quality solid state amps and this is my first tube amp. Can you guys link me to the must knows for maintenance of such an amp.

By the way, this is'nt a NAD kind of post, "so don't say pics/review or this post is gonna be closed". :P I might do one when the honey moon will be over.

Thanks to all of you.
LTD Viper 1000 Deluxe
Simon & Patrick CW GT Vintageburst
Egnater Vengeance
ISP Technologies Theta (for sale)
ISP Technologies Vector (for sale)
Randall RG75DG2
Maxon OD808
Boss Super Shifter PS-5
Boss Chromatic Tuner TU-3
There's not a ton really. Just let it warm up good before playing, and when the tubes go, replace them. And when you replace power tubes (the big ones) they must be matched.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Make sure the ohms are set correctly
never unplug the speaker cab while the amp is on (you will burn up the OT)
don't leave the amp on standby for a long time
it only takes ~1minute for the tubes to heat up
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Congrats

Pretty killer amp. I liked the one I played.

What these guys said is about all you need to know. If your amp ever starts to do funky things, like major loss in volume or crackling it can often be traced back to a bad tube - so just deal with that when it comes and read up on stuff when you have time. Get some spare tubes maybe. And yeah - always make sure you have a load (speakers) attached when the amp is on.
Hey Robbgnarly, Can I ask, why it's no good to leave the amp on standby for long periods of time? I was always told to give it about 10 minutes to warm up and another 10 to cool down before shutting it completely off. Is this bad info?

'08 PRS singlecut
'11 Gibson Les paul studio
'83 Gibson es-335 dot
'11 Taylor 114 ce
Bogner Ubercshall
Hughes and Kettner Triamp cab
Quote by arteestic1
Hey Robbgnarly, Can I ask, why it's no good to leave the amp on standby for long periods of time? I was always told to give it about 10 minutes to warm up and another 10 to cool down before shutting it completely off. Is this bad info?

The amp only needs about 1 minute to warm up the tubes in reality. Doing the reverse when turning it off
Leaving it on standby for 10 minutes is not going to hurt it, but leaving it on standby for extended periods will lessen the tube life.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The amp only needs about 1 minute to warm up the tubes in reality. Doing the reverse when turning it off
Leaving it on standby for 10 minutes is not going to hurt it, but leaving it on standby for extended periods will lessen the tube life.

i left one on overnight and it was fine in the morning, but it definitely wasn't ideal.

the MOST important thing that you have heard is only operate with a load. load being speaker make sure ohms match (noted as omega).

with the extended periods, are you referring to cathode poisoning? just curious and learning a bit more.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yup that's cathode poisoning I think...

I try to tell my irl buddies about stuff like that and they always shrug off anything I say, it drives me nuts.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

I try to tell my irl buddies about stuff like that and they always shrug off anything I say, it drives me nuts.

+311

**** em. Frustrating.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Yup that's cathode poisoning I think...

know it is appreciated here

back on topic, what are you using for a cab? (sorry if i missed it)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks to all, I'll remember those tips, now I need a new cab, I have my ISP Technologies Vector, but I want something less heavy (for carrying purpose). I want a 2x12 with celestions V30 (or the chinese version of the v30 i dont care much). I live in Québec Canada so I dont know if I can have a Harley Benton. So, what are my choices, in the Harley Benton range of price?
LTD Viper 1000 Deluxe
Egnater Vengeance
Randall RG75DG2
Maxon OD808
Boss Super Shifter PS-5
There is a company on ebay that sells Studio 7 2x12 cabs (look similar to orange 2x12) with V30's for $299 or best offer + free shipping (not sure about to Canada?) open or closed back and they re soposedly solid ply cabs. They also have the same cab loaded with G12h30s for $279 OBO

here is their website www.onlyfactorydirect.com
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
There is a company on ebay that sells Studio 7 2x12 cabs (look similar to orange 2x12) with V30's for $299 or best offer + free shipping (not sure about to Canada?) open or closed back and they re soposedly solid ply cabs. They also have the same cab loaded with G12h30s for $279 OBO

here is their website www.onlyfactorydirect.com

Whaaaaaat.

Man, I might just have to buy that G12H30 cab...

Looking at specs, they seem to mention that the V30 cab has 1 G12H30 and 1 V30 - That'd be pretty saweet... I could probably sell my 1x12 for like $200ish and buy one of these for $100 more and have a nice little cab for my Bogner. Nice!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Whaaaaaat.

Man, I might just have to buy that G12H30 cab...

Looking at specs, they seem to mention that the V30 cab has 1 G12H30 and 1 V30 - That'd be pretty saweet... I could probably sell my 1x12 for like $200ish and buy one of these for $100 more and have a nice little cab for my Bogner. Nice!

They have G12h30 cabs. V30 cabs and G12h30/V30 cabs. I actually found them on ebay. I want to pull the trigger on the V30/G12h30 cab because I have a Eminence GB128 I want to see how it works with each speaker, but I'm broke right now

They even have the empty 2x12 cab for $99 free shipping right now. I might buy that and get a WGS from MF and have a awesome cab for <$200
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
They have G12h30 cabs. V30 cabs and G12h30/V30 cabs. I actually found them on ebay. I want to pull the trigger on the V30/G12h30 cab because I have a Eminence GB128 I want to see how it works with each speaker, but I'm broke right now

They even have the empty 2x12 cab for $99 free shipping right now. I might buy that and get a WGS from MF and have a awesome cab for <$200

Hmm... I forgot I have a pair of G12T-75s in the garage... Maybe order a Vet 30 and the unloaded cab and have a pretty sweet setup for ~$170... Though i do really want to try the G12H30s.

What to do... what to do...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Do you know if they do this cab with only v30's in it. I can't seem to find it on their, let me say it, horrendous website lol.

http://www.onlyfactorydirect.com/p-2183-2-x-12-guitar-cabinet-w-celestion-woofers-s7212gc.aspx
LTD Viper 1000 Deluxe
Egnater Vengeance
Randall RG75DG2
Maxon OD808
Boss Super Shifter PS-5
They did have them, but they are not showing up right now. call their 1800 number and talk to them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You could also go for the (in my opinion) best value in cabinets that exist. The Carvin G212: http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/G212

Made in the USA, plywood construction, super tough yet lightweight, sounds great, awesome bang for the buck...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Carvin cabs are OK but nothing special and their stock speakers are pretty meh sounding
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
They're just V30 clones. But again, I'm talking value for the money.

When you factor in the steel grill, real wood construction, metal corner caps, excellent solder joints & wire, they're a rare bargain in the world of music...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
For the ones who might be interested here is the answer I got from OnlyFactoryDirect.com.

"We are out of stock and no longer going to sell the guitar cabinets.."

So, I'm taking other suggestions for a Harley Benton priced v30 2x12 cabs.

Thanks to all of you so far.
LTD Viper 1000 Deluxe
Egnater Vengeance
Randall RG75DG2
Maxon OD808
Boss Super Shifter PS-5
^So what you're saying is... I should buy the V30/G12H30 cab right now?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by arteestic1

There is no need to put the amp into standby and wait to turn it off. You can flip both switches at one time.

When you put the amp on standby all you do is disconnect the high voltage supply. The tube heaters are still connected, which is why the tubes get hot, so the tubes/amp don't cool down in Standby.