Page 1 of 2
Will I not be lazy enough to release #6 this year?

FAQ

Q. When's the deadline?

A. When we have a sizeable number of songs.

Q. What kind of music can I submit?

A. Absolutely anything. But, there's a catch: your song has to be atmospheric. You can submit "standard" post-rock, dream pop, shoegaze, post-metal, sludge, doom, atmospheric black metal, atmospheric pop, atmospheric this, atmospheric that. Get it? ^___^

Q. What kind of a file should I submit, and where?

A. I shall require a lossless file, like a FLAC or WAV or AIFF. The FLAC format is preferred because it's the same thing as a WAV or AIFF, but at a smaller size. You can either post your submission in this thread [host it on MediaFire or SoundCloud or DropBox or something], or [and this only applies if you're insecure >_>], you can send me a PM with a link Read the next section. I shall also require a proper artist name from you; usernames are alright if you modify them to look like an artist name. For example, CoreysMonster can become Corey's Monster; chaoticfables can become Chaotic Fables. This is because quite a few of us use Last.FM to scrobble our music, and seeing usernames all over the place isn't most pleasing.

Important: Due to a massive fuck-up by me, I managed to miss Ometh's song in the planning thread for album #4. As a result, his song wasn't on UGPR 4. This was completely my fault, and from planning thread #5 onwards, I decided to ensure that this doesn't happen again. From now on, you may only post works in progress in this thread. All final submissions need to be PMed to me. Please don't forget, this is very important. If you fail to send me your submission through PM, there is a chance that I may miss it, and as a result, it won't be on the album. So, post as many WIPs as you like, but please DO NOT FORGET TO PM ME YOUR FINAL SUBMISSION.

If you have any other questions, post in the thread, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Here are the previous planning threads and album releases for reference:

The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album - Planning Thread | Album Release
The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album 2 - Planning Thread | Album Release
The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album 3 - Planning Thread | Album Release
The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album 4 - Planning Thread | Album Release
The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album 5 - Planning Thread | Album Release
There is the possibility that I might write something for this, downloading #5 now
RIP Gooze

cats
After being absent for the last two UGPR albums, I'm definitely submitting something for this one.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Hmm, hopefully life and other music projects won't get in the way of finishing my submission this time.
We'll see how my musical output looks in near future. If I make anything that might fit I'll hit you up
Quote by willT08
We'll see how my musical output looks in near future. If I make anything that might fit I'll hit you up

Always up for some Kulu.
Sounds like fun, I'll try and get a song together for it.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by TV-Casualty
I'd like to do a song.

Is there a projected deadline for submissions?

Nothing fixed, but these things usually take a year.
I didn't manage to get anything together for the last one but I will for this one.
OUT OF ORDER
Working on a new track right now. I'll probably post an instrumental WIP or something later this week.

Quote by deadsmileyface
I got lots of post black metal stuff. anyone wanna program some drums for me?

I can do that
Quote by Jon777
Working on a new track right now. I'll probably post an instrumental WIP or something later this week.

I can do that

I actually have a drummer now :p

thanks for offering tho
banned
I got plenty of post rock screamo material written out I just need to get in the studio.

jon777 that was a pretty cool song
banned
not contribootin

post rock screamo is tired and boring (and I am fully cognizant of my own shit while saying that) and i've no interest in it anymore. but excited for anything that sounds like tortoise on this.
Last edited by blake1221 at Aug 24, 2014,
First time I'm back on UG for ages and this is first page

Is a 15-minute track okay, Hriday? >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
Da boyyyyyz are back

Quote by deadsmileyface
I got plenty of post rock screamo material written out I just need to get in the studio.

jon777 that was a pretty cool song

Thanks dude
Quote by Jon777
Awesome tracks, I particularly liked the first one

thanks

yours was really enjoyable as well

Took a new approach to songwriting with this, glad it paid off.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I was actually planning on putting vocals in, it has a somewhat regular structure compared to a lot of my stuff so it would probably benefit from it.

Higher Altitude is beautiful, have you considered extending it? Feels like it's just waiting for a huge buildup at the end there. Either that or it'd make an awesome intro/lead-in track.
🙈 🙉 🙊
hmm new album

maybe this time ill actually record all the anedonia shit for once, who knows

but my laziness will probably win
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by entity0009
I was actually planning on putting vocals in, it has a somewhat regular structure compared to a lot of my stuff so it would probably benefit from it.

Higher Altitude is beautiful, have you considered extending it? Feels like it's just waiting for a huge buildup at the end there. Either that or it'd make an awesome intro/lead-in track.

I did think of making it longer but I'm not sure how to do it without ruining it hehe, but I'm going to keep working on it
Page 1 of 2