Vox VT20+ oder Fender Mustang II V.2 ???

Hey,

im going to get a new amp because i want to sell my "old" vox, because it is too big for me playing only at home and not in any band.

i picked two possibilities:
1. Fender Mustang II V.2

2. VOX VT20+

Both are modeling amps, which I like very much.

My Gear: Fender Standard Strat + Epiphone ES-335 The Dot.

for me, especially the clean sounds (of the strat) are important but it can also get a bit more ruff , so that is my focus.

which one would you recommend?
thanks!
Wouldn't you be better pitting the VOX VT40+ agains the Mustang II ?

Both are 40 Watt, whereas the VT20+ is only 20 watt, or doesnt this matter to you?

The Vox is valve, and the Fender solid state as far as I can tell.
thanks for the answers,
i wont play any gigs, just at home. 20 watts are just fine. but im really looking for this classical stratocaster-sound. so i am also open for other suggestions at this price range
I'm looking at getting the Fender Champion 100, I know it is 100 watt but it sounded good when I was using it at a shop to test out a guitar purchase.

I must go back with my Strat and try it again
Quote by AgelessStranger
The Vox is valve, and the Fender solid state as far as I can tell.

No, it isn't.

The Vox VT+ amps only have one 12AX7 valve on the preamp, which makes them a hybrid. And hybrids like these are pretty much like a solid state, that one preamp valve makes little difference sound-wise, if any. IMHO, it's just a marketing trick.

TS, you'd probably get better help in the Guitar Gear & Accessories subforum.

Also, you already gave some info, but you should complete this list to get the best advices possible:
(from the GG&A Rules and Resources Center, check post #2)

Quote by GG&A Rules and Resources Center

What Amp Threads

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

*Thread reported for move to GG&A*
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112