So my 4x12 has 4, 16 ohm speakers, I'm not sure what's it's currently rated at.

I just bought a new head today which is a tiny terror jim root edition. which only does 8ohm and 16ohm,

My previous gear got stolen so this is all I have ATM.

is it possible for me to rewire this to be compatible with my 8 / 16 ohm amp?

I've never done wiring before and would really like some help with it. I'm happy to only use 2 speakers if I have to as this is a home amp not for gigging. my gigging amp is getting replaced with a 2x12 @ 8ohm anyway.

http://imgur.com/a/7Zj7s pictures

Anyone able to help me figure this out?
if your cab is already prewired, then its likely to already be at 16ohm. just set the amp to 16ohm and your set.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Last edited by bustapr at Jan 31, 2014,
Quote by bustapr
if your cab is already prewired, then its likely to already be at 16ohm. just set the amp to 16ohm and your set.

The back of the amp says 4ohms, the thing is though i bought this 2nd hand and the top 2 speakers have been swapped.

So i'm not really sure..

But from what I can tell everything is just plugged into postive and negative without any "series" going on.

from what I can tell if I unplug two speakers and have two 16 ohms going postive / negative into postive / negative that's 8ohms?
If all the positive terminals of the speakers are together and negative terminals together, then its indeed set to 4ohm. In that case make sure its wired in either of these configurations:

and

either wirings should yield 16ohm load, no difference which.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

My Gear:

Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Last edited by bustapr at Jan 31, 2014,
What i've done is actually just disconnect the bottom two speakers and leave the top two as positive - negative connections. which should yeild 8ohms?

this is just a at home amp so I don't really need all 4 speakers. I just don't want to mismatch ohms with my amp and ruin it that's all as it only has 8 / 16 ohm output
correct, 2 16ohm speakers in parallel as you describe should yield 8ohm load.

if you ever feel like making it 16ohm 412, you can easily do so by doing the 2nd wiring diagram shown.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

My Gear:

Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce