This morning i traded a broken guitar for a Marlin Sidewinder bass and i'm having trouble finding information on it. Any info you guys have on the company and the bass in particular would be greatly appreciated, the serial number is 7072125, thanks in advance.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Marlin's Sidewinder bass was typical of a lot of imports a while back. They were basic, low-cost Fender knock-offs - usually Fender P-Bass versions, though a few had an extra humbucker pickup like the first version of the American Deluxe Precision. Some of them even had a "Marlin" fish-shaped inlay on the fretboard at the 12th fret. I do not know if anyone still brings them into the U.S.A., or where they were built. They may have been sold as some music wholesaler/retailer's "in-house" brand. I suppose they were solid basses - it is hard to go wrong with a basic Fender design. If your bass is in good condition, it should serve you quite well. Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Marlin's Sidewinder bass was typical of a lot of imports a while back. They were basic, low-cost Fender knock-offs - usually Fender P-Bass versions, though a few had an extra humbucker pickup like the first version of the American Deluxe Precision. Some of them even had a "Marlin" fish-shaped inlay on the fretboard at the 12th fret. I do not know if anyone still brings them into the U.S.A., or where they were built. They may have been sold as some music wholesaler/retailer's "in-house" brand. I suppose they were solid basses - it is hard to go wrong with a basic Fender design. If your bass is in good condition, it should serve you quite well. Enjoy it!

Thanks man, this is exactly what i wanted to know. Mine has both the fish shaped inlay and the humbucker in the bridge, it's what convinced me to pick it up.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Pretty sure they were made in Wales or something...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com