So hey

my problem is pretty short described.

When I'm playing guitar and come up with a cool riff I write it down. That happens like...2 times a month.

But when I'm out on the street, I'm thinking of some riffs they are beyond my imagination. Actually, I get whole song structures in my head.

The thing is, that I used to write songs in that fashion with the guitar in my hands. Suddenly that stopped.

Of course I could hum or write it down when I'm not home. But i want to get that back when I'm playing.

Does anyone experienced that too? It's really ****ed up that way :/
Well, when you walk around I assume you do not carry anything to write THAT down as well.
I think it's a bad thing when you don't write some inspiration down, because if you forget, it's a missed chance.
Inspiration won't just come whenever you want though. I hardly thing it's something you can control. just keep playing and it'll come back to ya
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
You know, thats the thing I find very unnerving:

I can't come up with inspiration when I'm playing, but as soon as I'm far away from a guitar I get some.
That's helluv strange, dont you think?
Quote by av0n

I can't come up with inspiration when I'm playing, but as soon as I'm far away from a guitar I get some.

you don't come up with inspiration, inspirations comes up in you.

That being said..

Improvisation helps, by improvision and combining different scales you get new idea's and some inspirations. some people get inspiration from events in their life. it's all really personal i think.

I feel like you are trying to maybe force it too much when you sit and play?
You kind of show by making this post that you are annoyed by it, which doesn't really help either.

Just remember you are never done learning, there's always something to learn or to perfect on the guitar, so try and start there and see if you can get the mojo back. Just let it flow dude.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
I can't seem to write anything good on a guitar anymore at all. I write best when I throw myself out of my element, usually by using a different guitar or different tone or something, but lately I've been writing my best work on the piano.

If you want to get inspired more, take in new information. Read a book, take a walk at night, learn something new. If you want, bring a dictaphone, or just a phone with a voice recorder, and hum your ideas, or anything just to get the main point.
Israel is a terrorist state.
Quote by av0n

I have a similar problem.I can hum some cool riffs, but i have problem reproducing them on guitar.I'm a beginner, but i guess that a trained ear and some theorical knowledge can help on this matter.

Any suggestions?
Quote by TripaEscorrida
I have a similar problem.I can hum some cool riffs, but i have problem reproducing them on guitar.I'm a beginner, but i guess that a trained ear and some theorical knowledge can help on this matter.

Any suggestions?

In your case it's just a matter of training your ears.
If you can hum a song, write it down or record it or memorize itu ntil you have the time to play your instrument.
Sit down with your instrument and start searching where the notes are that you are humming. if you found them all you can start reproducing it on your instrument. once you can play it all the way through, record it and record a chord progression that fits the tune.

Voila. you have a song.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
@BjarnedeGraaf:
I've found myself improvising a lot in the couple last months, but I didn't stick to it, for whatever reason. Maybe I could work that out a bit further.
Thanks for your advice so far!

@JD Close:
Before I couldn't write that much anymore I wasn't gathering inspiration, at least nowhere where I would remember now.

@TripaEscorrida:
I'm playing guitar for 5-6 years now, when I had a cool riff in my head, I used to write down tabs where I guess those notes lie on the fretboard. I was really surprised, that they are very near to their real counterpart on the fretboard. I think that stuff comes with experience. You should play each and every song you can think of and like. I felt more comfortable on the board by doing that over the years!
@BjarnedeGraaf:
I'm playing it for like 7 months already (my imaginary riffs aren't THAT cool...), and my main difficult was,since the start, the ear training.One possible solution that i found (which was suggested by you too) was to improvise.Learned the pentatonic 1 week ago,trying my best with it.

@av0n:
Yeah, some time ago i realized that there inst a way to speed things past a certain point.I use my father as an example: He plays the guitar for like 20 years.Even with very little time to practice and being self-taught, he can play songs by ear impressively well.So, i will keep the improvise up and try to follow your advice too.

Thanks for the answers people.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf

Sit down with your instrument and start searching where the notes are that you are humming. if you found them all you can start reproducing it on your instrument.

Managed to get one riff just about 5 min using your hint.Thanks.