Page 1 of 2
What' s the difference between them? I think that there was a big movement for black people is the main reason why we are so PC about them and black people still have like that "pride" and stuff because of slavery.

But from all the history books I' ve read (at least from Puerto Rico) Native Americans were also slaves, except they didn't have a movement because the Spaniards killed them all. So native Americans had it worse than the black people?
The native Americans had a movement.

It was called the Trail of Tears
Sail upon the open skies
It's not really a pissing contest which ethnic group had it worse, and if it were, jews would probably win
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
There was the "Red Power" movement in the late 1960's to the 1970's.

In '69 a group occupied Alcatraz Island and (My personal favorite) on Thanksgiving 1970 AIM (American Indian Movement) led a protest in Boston, painting Plymouth Rock red and occupying the Mayflower II.

That, my friends, is how you make a political statement..
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Jan 31, 2014,
Oldman Coyote is the difference
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by archangels
The difference is we took Africans from their homeland and moved them to a different continent before we started treating them like shit.

But Natives americans where slaved and killed in their own home! isn' t that worse?
Quote by Weaponized
why are these races mad at white people for civilizing them???

+1 I don't understand why anyone would still want to be a savage

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I thought the civil rights movement was for every ethnicity. The whole 'civil liberties run the gamut' bit you know?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by archangels
The difference is we took Africans from their homeland and moved them to a different continent before we started treating them like shit.

And settling in someone's homeland and doing that is any better?
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
The difference is that black people are black and native Americans are red.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
It's not really a pissing contest which ethnic group had it worse, and if it were, jews would probably win

If you look at the real horrors of chattel slavery then there's no contest at all, it was probably the worst thing done to any ethnic group ever, it was on a huge scale, and it lasted centuries. The holocaust ain't got shit on it, not in terms of brutal cruelty, in scope, in success, in lasting damage, or in death toll.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
+1 I don't understand why anyone would still want to be a savage

Who are you to deem anyone a savage?
Doesnt everybody love the anonymity of the internet? We all get to be bigots without the fear of being punched in the face for being a total douche!
Quote by Weaponized
why are these races mad at white people for civilizing them???

story time:
Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official, 'You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done.'

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, 'Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?'

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied. 'When white man find this land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex.'

Then the chief leaned back and smiled.

'Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.'
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

Nah

Quote by theogonia777
The difference is that black people are black and native Americans are red.

http://youtu.be/Y_at9dOElQk

Time for some nostaglia.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Ur all $h1t
If you look at the real horrors of chattel slavery then there's no contest at all, it was probably the worst thing done to any ethnic group ever, it was on a huge scale, and it lasted centuries. The holocaust ain't got shit on it, not in terms of brutal cruelty, in scope, in success, in lasting damage, or in death toll.

the holocaust is far from the only thing to happen to the jewish. I'm fairly certain they've been in the scope of discrimination and unjust(minus the jesus thing,the pricks)prosecution for like over 2 millennia now

fun times fun times

And chattel slavery has probably occurred in every ethnic group, so it doesn't really mean anything at all in the context of what I said, Unless you're saying that like it doesn't matter which group got it worse because slavery sucks regardless?

Quote by Jehannum
Who are you to deem anyone a savage?

A white person lol

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Native Americans aren't really thought about in the US unless it's some kind of joke or stereotype. A white person acting in black face is abhorrent, but a white person playing a Native is no big deal.

It's a weird situation. I wouldn't mind seeing a survey of how the general populous views natives.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
If I ever get a time machine I'm killing the white devil and setting drones to patrol the Atlantic to sink those bastards if they are dumb enough to come over. The Native American actually had life as opposed to this modern day existence. As for slavery gtfoi no where near as bad as what happened to the Native Americans.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by archangels

Whereas we came to the Native Americans' continent to treat them like shit.

One thing that's of consideration in regards to European colonization of the Americas (which, unfortunately, included abuse of Native Americans over time) was that diseases killed off probably 80% of the Native American population before Jamestown and Plymouth. Columbus landing in the Carribean allowed European diseases to spread like wildfire through the Americas. And the Native Americans didn't have prior exposure, so they died in droves. Jamestown never would have happened, if it wasn't for the fact that no one was living in that particular swampy/forest area where they built the original settlement. And no one was living there because the tribes in the area had lost so many people to disease (just like every other tribe on the continent). Disease wasn't really anyone's fault, imho...but it sure didn't hurt European colonization efforts.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 31, 2014,
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
the holocaust is far from the only thing to happen to the jewish. I'm fairly certain they've been in the scope of discrimination and unjust(minus the jesus thing,the pricks)prosecution for like over 2 millennia now

Not really. The Egypt thing didn't actually happen.
Check out my band Disturbed
That's because we honor the Native Americans by representing out professional sports teams with laughably racist mascots.

#HometownPride
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Native Americans had movements throughout their history, but the late 1800s was the last time they really had a big fight. But once the 1800s ended and they got their asses kicked and the reservation system forced upon them, they sortof tried to just come to terms with the fact that this is how things are gonna be.

But yeah, I think the native americans got ****ed over as bad if not worse than the blacks.

Some native americans owned slaves actually though.
Quote by StewieSwan

Yes...because European lords stealing the money of Jewish bankers, raping their pretty daughters, and torturing them never happened. Or, you know, the People's Crusade (a gathering of peasants who had the goal of reinforcing Jerusalem) never killed thousands of Jews as they slogged their way through European cities. And on and on...

Seriously, shut your yapper, Stewie.
There's a lot of ethnocentrism going on in these comments. It's easy to judge other societies based on your own set of values but if you were alive 300 years ago it's massively unlikely that your values would be the same as they are now.
So you can sit on your keyboard and rant about the white man and slavery but fact is, slavery has been around since man's inception and is still around, it's not solely a white man issue. Almost every culture in the past had slavery in some form or another. Including those societies living in Africa, many of which played an important role in the American slave trade.
Quote by StewieSwan

everyone knows aliens built the pyramids

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by badfish_lewis
There's a lot of ethnocentrism going on in these comments. It's easy to judge other societies based on your own set of values but if you were alive 300 years ago it's massively unlikely that your values would be the same as they are now.
So you can sit on your keyboard and rant about the white man and slavery but fact is, slavery has been around since man's inception and is still around, it's not solely a white man issue. Almost every culture in the past had slavery in some form or another. Including those societies living in Africa, many of which played an important role in the American slave trade.

No one has said that only white people used slaves.

We're talking about the slaves they did use because it's still pretty ****ed up.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
white people wanted to enslave natives but they accidentally killed all of them so they had to import bodies
America did a hefty job committing genocide on the first nations, so there is little voice for them in the US. Here in Canada the concerns of racial inequality leans heavily on the first nations, instead of black people. Just recently Neil Young did an Honour the Treaties tour because our horrible government has been destroying their land, to ***** out more oil. We've been consistently screwing them over, despite the treaties and agreements we made for them.
Quote by bifteksupernova
And settling in someone's homeland and doing that is any better?

Quote by VillainousLatin
But Natives americans where slaved and killed in their own home! isn' t that worse?

I didn't say anything about which one was worse. I just pointed out how they were different. Both groups had horrible things done to them.
Quote by Weaponized
why are these races mad at white people for sivilizing them???

ftfy

#twainondabrain
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yes...because European lords stealing the money of Jewish bankers, raping their pretty daughters, and torturing them never happened. Or, you know, the People's Crusade (a gathering of peasants who had the goal of reinforcing Jerusalem) never killed thousands of Jews as they slogged their way through European cities. And on and on...

Seriously, shut your yapper, Stewie.

You just listed European examples of bad things against jews.

Europe has several distinct differences from Egypt, mainly not being Egypt.
Quote by AeroRocker
That's because we honor the Native Americans by representing out professional sports teams with laughably racist mascots.

#HometownPride

Two can play at that game.

(Invalid img)
Quote by Thrashtastic15
white people wanted to enslave natives but they accidentally killed all of them so they had to import bodies

it's a good thing they were able to find so many african americans on the other side of the atlantic ocean otherwise they'd be screwed

Quote by ichiefG13
people lawl

One more word and I'll pop you with my shillelagh.
Page 1 of 2