Poll Options
View poll results: Are you employed?
Yes (state what you do)
58 57%
No (Why not?)
43 43%
Voters: 101.
Page 1 of 3
Alright, think this could potentially be interesting. Are you employed or unemployed? What job do you have? If not, why not?

I myself am employed. It might not be the greatest job as I work in retail, damn clothes shops. But I earn money and that's the aim of the game, right?

I also am in a band, we gig about 5 times a month so that's time consuming too but wouldn't have it any other way!

LET THE POLL COMENCE!
Irons
Last edited by ethanwhufc at Jan 31, 2014,
Why would this be interesting?

back on topic, I'm a homeless prostitute, and I have a band with a couple other homeless prostitutes, and our bands name is the homeless prostitutes
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I work as a system admin in a small company for small companies.
Money man. Money.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Why would this be interesting?

back on topic, I'm a homeless prostitute, and I have a band with a couple other homeless prostitutes, and our bands name is the homeless prostitutes

I think it'd be interesting to see what UG'ers do with their lives
Irons
I am a guitar tech and salesperson. I do some session stuff on the side.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jan 31, 2014,
I wash dishes at a local restaurant, also I sometimes sell albums, and sell/lease music to people who want to use it in like, videogames, or an animation which supplements my income. Sometimes I get paid to practically just stand there, some days dishes are coming faster than I can clean them and I have to stay late.

Actually I've made more making music, but the dishwashing is by far steadier pay.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 31, 2014,
Quote by stratkat
I wash dishes at a local restaurant, also I sometimes sell albums, and sell/lease music to people who want to use it in like, videogames, or an animation which supplements my income.

Actually I've made more making music, but the dishwashing is by far steadier pay.

That's pretty cool! Be brilliant if you could make enough off your music though to get by!
Irons
4th year at Uni, will be done in May. Work in a shop. Doesn't pay particularly well, but it's easy and a 10 minute walk from my house. Probably leaving in summer tho.
Two current jobs:
- babysitting the forum section of a tablature website.
- buyer in a hospital's procurement department.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
all part-time

1. retail, but on the way to being fired (my company doesn't actually fire people directly unless they're caught stealing or something, they just reduce the number of shifts you're given until they can say you haven't worked the minimum number of shifts) but I'm quitting before they actually tell me I'm fired.

2. club promoter, it's pretty fun albeit slightly stressful and promoters have negative stereotypes with people who don't like to party so that kinda sucks. but all in all absolutely wouldn't trade for anything because everyone who is with me ALWAYS has a great night due to my actions and that makes me happy. Also lots of money + free stuff.

3. supply teacher for 1st grade. it's really tiring but also lots of fun even though I don't get paid a lot.

edit: lots of ad hoc stuff too. I made 500 almond cookies for a catering company last week. next week I am moving stuff from a natural history museum into storage because they're building a new museum.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jan 31, 2014,
I work in security at the largest automobile auction in the world.

It's about as lame as it sounds. The only cool part is getting to see some nice cars.
I teach.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
I teach kids how to cook meth.

Interesting.
Quote by JustRooster
Interesting.

They gotta learn how to deal with that shit in a responsible way man
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
They gotta learn how to deal with that shit in a responsible way man

Angus needs some lessons.
i'm a programmer for a data security product for businesses. i think about doing something i actually care about daily.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I'm not employed.
Why, do you ask?
Well I am 17 and even though I don't like school I couldn't probably find a proper job without finishing high school and maybe even graduating.

Good thing unis aren't private here.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Real Estate / Property Management / Landscaping on the side

Its hard making a living man. My wife works in retail.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I'm a material handler at a bookstore and I teach guitar lessons on the side.
Check out my band Disturbed
I'm a student.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I own my own printing business and I have a couple of commercial buildings
If you have never checked out the Wood Brothers. Do yourself a favor and look them up. Best. Band. Ever.

I'm a full time student. I work at a college during the summer.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by daytripper75
I work in security at the largest automobile auction in the world.

It's about as lame as it sounds. The only cool part is getting to see some nice cars.

Whatever pays the bills my man.

I work as a therapist with children who have autism and aspergers
I work for the largest steel manufacturer in North America as a Rebar Detailer. Basically, I make the CAD drawings for the iron workers to follow when they put the reinforcing bars into the concrete. It involves a decent amount of math and a lot of stuff to remember, but all in all not too bad.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
No job right now, but I'm in school

I would like to get a job in an Emergency Room though since it would be good experience for my field of study.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'm a student. I used to be a part time after school tutor at Kumon. I quit this past Monday. My boss likes me so I might go back in a few months.
Quote by WCPhils
No job right now, but I'm in school

I would like to get a job in an Emergency Room though since it would be good experience for my field of study.

What are you studying?
cat
Quote by guitarxo
What are you studying?

I'm going now to get a Bachelors in Nursing, but will most likely keep taking classes after that while working to get licensed as a Nurse Practitioner.. I would like to work in an Emergency Room in Philadelphia eventually though.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 31, 2014,
Quote by WCPhils
I'm going now to get a Bachelors in Nursing, but will most likely keep taking classes after that while working to get licensed as a Nurse Practitioner.. I would like to work in an Emergency Room in Philadelphia eventually though.

Ooh that's awesome. I have a friend in Emergency and it's really tough but so rewarding.

I want to study physiotherapy and/or rehabilitation therapy after I graduate so at the very least I want to resume volunteering at my uni's hospital once a week (I used to when I was in high school). But I'm gonna see if I can get a referral from my GP or my mom's oncologist (who works at the same hospital) to work with a specific person too.
cat
Quote by WCPhils

My step mum is a licensed NP and she works in a clinic as well as teaching through a private college. It seems like a ton of work, though that might be because she used to work like 4 or 5 jobs at the same time.

Any particular reason you want to pursue that path and not a different one in the medical field?
Quote by guitarxo
Ooh that's awesome. I have a friend in Emergency and it's really tough but so rewarding.

I want to study physiotherapy and/or rehabilitation therapy after I graduate so at the very least I want to resume volunteering at my uni's hospital once a week (I used to when I was in high school). But I'm gonna see if I can get a referral from my GP or my mom's oncologist (who works at the same hospital) to work with a specific person too.

that's pretty cool. Rehabilitation is something that really interests me. Still might go down that route, but for now I'm just working on the basic nursing degree. That's pretty sweet you can get some experience at your uni's hospital though. Wish mine had something like that. Would most likely be a bit easier to get a job or even a volunteering gig.

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
My step mum is a licensed NP and she works in a clinic as well as teaching through a private college. It seems like a ton of work, though that might be because she used to work like 4 or 5 jobs at the same time.

Any particular reason you want to pursue that path and not a different one in the medical field?

Yea, three of my aunts do it. One works a ton and the other two it's just normal work hours. The former though is the head of the entire maternity ward though so it makes sense. It's just been something that's always interested me and a lot of family is in the field. I was thinking about the whole medical school for a while but it's just way too much school and money. But the field interests me, there are always jobs available for nurses and they make good money so it seems like something good to pursue. Nothing is set in stone yet though, so I could diverge down another path as I move forward.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 31, 2014,
Page 1 of 3