Just invested in an Orange Terror 500 for gigs out and about.

Currently have a Laney R5 combo amp which I use to practice at home.

Was just wondering if I could hook up the Orange head to the Laney combo speakers so I can practice with gig tones at home.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I'm not really clued up on gear.

Here's a link to the Orange Head: http://www.thomann.de/gb/orange_terror_bass_500.htm

And I'm having trouble trying to find a site with some R5 information on it now, as it seems to have been discontinued...

So if anyone has any questions on it, I'm happy to have a look at the back and let you guys know what inputs are about.

Cheers guys!
Quote by MastaBassist10
^Spoons are awesome. Not as cool as forks, but pretty cool.

I know of no way to bypass the amplifier section of your R5 2x10 combo, so I do not think that you could do what you have suggested. The Laney R5 was a nice little bass combo; 300 watts RMS at 4 ohms. I suggest you get a nice 2x10" or 4x10" bass cabinet for your Orange Terror 500. At 500 watts, it deserves a good cabinet of its own.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
The best you could do, if possible, is use the Effects Loop Out on the Orange (with your bass plugged into the regular input of the amp) into the Effects Loop In on the combo, assuming both have these options. This will give you the pre-amp of the Orange, and the power amp and speakers of the combo.

EDIT: And to clarify, use regular instrument cables with the effects loops, not speaker cables.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan