But can i use a set of 8string guitar strings on my seven string guitar (discarding the thin e string of course) ?
Yes
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yes. You'll want to make sure they fit properly in the nut, of course, and the increase in string tension due to higher string gauges is going to make your guitar feel a bit stiffer playing. You may need to make a few set-up tweaks to ensure it's playing to your liking.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by sjones
Yes. You'll want to make sure they fit properly in the nut, of course, and the increase in string tension due to higher string gauges is going to make your guitar feel a bit stiffer playing. You may need to make a few set-up tweaks to ensure it's playing to your liking.

yeah thats why im doing it. the seven string i use right now are too floppy and buzz like hell. thanks everyone !
That may have more to do with the action than string size. Try raising it a little. But by all means, experiment with string gauge as well. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right fit.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣