Hey guys so i've had this guitar given to me by a friend over the summer time,It was left in the closet for who knows how many years and i've come to find out the neck has a slight warp (going upward) which is causing it to buzz.Coming from a single coil guitar and upgrading to this double coil the sound is amazing and i like the guitar.So my question is there anyway this can be fixed? i mean i dont have the money to take it to a guitar tech as im not working,Also is fixing it worth it? or should i get a new guitar?

Also as a bonus is there anyway to find out what year this guitar is from.all i know is it's a Hohner professional 'slammer',it only has a made in korea sticker on the back of the headstock.
Thanks a bunch

Loosen the truss rod, there is too much neck relief
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Then the guitar is pretty much a wall hanger. Get a new one, it will cost you more than that guitar is worth to have it fixed. You could buy a new neck for it www.guitarfetish.com has decent cheap replacement necks. Just make sure you get the correct scale length (it is probably 24.75") measure from the nut to the 12th fret and then multiply by 2.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Electric Devil
i've tried,the tuss ross doesn't seem to do anything

Adjust it in 1/8 to 1/4 increments and give the wood a few days to settle.
ayy lmao
^+1 and loosen all the strings
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Then the guitar is pretty much a wall hanger. Get a new one, it will cost you more than that guitar is worth to have it fixed. You could buy a new neck for it www.guitarfetish.com has decent cheap replacement necks. Just make sure you get the correct scale length (it is probably 24.75") measure from the nut to the 12th fret and then multiply by 2.

I don't even think that would be worth doing. You can clearly see through the chipped paint that the body is plywood.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Yeah whats your budget and location? we can find some nice guitars for you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
im looking to spend the most 170.I play alot of hardcore punk,metal,thrash.i got big hands so sumthing with a jumbo fretboard would be nice
Are you in the USA? UK? India? where are you located
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
budget: $100 to $200
Favorite artist: big john from the exploited,
Prefrence: none
pickups: humbuckers
new or used: doesnt matter
current gear: squire bullet,hohner slammer professional (in the pic),Ibanez ibz10g amp
Here is a nice guitar for $169 + shipping (probably the best you will get <$200) www.rondomusic.com/product1998.html
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Electric Devil
im not sure about the crack though.
What do you think of either these two? the store is by me also
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-grx20-electric-guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-grg120bdx-electric-guitar

That is only in the finish and affects nothing but the appearance

It is a better guitar than either you linked. It is on the same level as a Epiphone LP standard.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Back to the OPs original question. If the neck hasn't settled back with the strings loose and the truss rod backed off a few days. The truss rod might be 'stuck' (it happens). Place your knee in the middle of the back of the neck. Hold the nut end (not the head itself) and the body end (not the body itself) and pull back, you might then hear a creak as the truss unsticks. Be careful, if you pull on the headstock it might break off and if you pull on the end of the body the neck socket might fail, so lust apply pressure along the fingerboard part of the neck where the truss rod is buried.
You have nothing to loose because the guitar is unplayable and you might get a playable guitar for nothing.
Quote by Robbgnarly
That is only in the finish and affects nothing but the appearance

It is a better guitar than either you linked. It is on the same level as a Epiphone LP standard.

thanks im bookmarking this im gonna be getting it pretty soon,i saw some reviews on youtube and it looks good
Quote by ESBlonde
Back to the OPs original question. If the neck hasn't settled back with the strings loose and the truss rod backed off a few days. The truss rod might be 'stuck' (it happens). Place your knee in the middle of the back of the neck. Hold the nut end (not the head itself) and the body end (not the body itself) and pull back, you might then hear a creak as the truss unsticks. Be careful, if you pull on the headstock it might break off and if you pull on the end of the body the neck socket might fail, so lust apply pressure along the fingerboard part of the neck where the truss rod is buried.
You have nothing to loose because the guitar is unplayable and you might get a playable guitar for nothing.

I did something similar yesterday afternoon i've been doing research and i made up this (i used a iron and a piece of metal to distribute the heat along with a tempreture gauge)..i noticed when i applied pressure with the clamp i heard a slight crack and tuss rod seemed to be working again,left it over night and now the neck seems to be straight.But im still gonna buy a new guitar
Last edited by Electric Devil at Feb 3, 2014,
Good work Electric Devil, be careful applying heat near the finish though it can/will damage it.

I'm going to make a suggestion though. Whilst buying a new guitar is always a nice thing, (I did it again this weekend after nearly 3 years abstinence) if your budget is really only 170 then either buy used or stick with this guitar a few months longer and save up some more (I know, that hurts). You can get a better guitar and again buying used gets you more value. Trading up in small steps costs you more in the long run to get that dream/professional instrument. The old saying "Buy once, Cry once."

Now go play that thing hard.
That is good improvising there man. Hope you get the results you want.

The Agiles go pretty fast, so I wouldn't hesitate for too long or you will miss out on it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hey, I also have a problem with my electric, it sounds like crap. I play acoustic mainly and thought I would get an electric on the cheap. Ended up with a Johnson guitar and a 10watt drive amp but it just sounds like crap. Is there anyone who can help with this? I've looked at the pick ups and I can see that some of the magnets (I think that's what they are) seem to be at different heights on the pick up. Could this be it or is this normal? being completely new to electric I have no idea how to solve this.
Quote by Big-Al1234567
Hey, I also have a problem with my electric, it sounds like crap. I play acoustic mainly and thought I would get an electric on the cheap. Ended up with a Johnson guitar and a 10watt drive amp but it just sounds like crap. Is there anyone who can help with this? I've looked at the pick ups and I can see that some of the magnets (I think that's what they are) seem to be at different heights on the pick up. Could this be it or is this normal? being completely new to electric I have no idea how to solve this.

100% it is your amp that is the problem
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate