Hey guys,

First of all, feel free to move this post if I'm in the wrong forum (haven't posted much on here).
Anyway...

I recently bought a Vox AC30VR (valvereactor, a hybrid tube/solid state amp) and when i first tried it, nothing was wrong. It sounded good. But when I got it cranked up at home, it sounded distorted/overdriven on the clean channel, even though i did not play at a high volume or with any gain. It was not the classic, crisp tube overdrive that you get when you crank it up a lot.

It was a thin, weird kind of distortion. The kind you get when power is low or eventual batteries in the guitar pickups are dying. But I have tested this amp with several guitars and cables, and besides, the guitars and cables i used work fine on other amps in my house or outside my house.

I brought the amp to my local music store, and the amp suddenly sounded as it was supposed to; great. But back home again, it was back to bad. Moreover, the amp does not play as loud at home as i think it is capable of (I think).

What could this be? Thanks in advance!
Try it on a few different outlets in your house, you could have dirty power in your room.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Been there done that, not working :/. Thanks for reply though!
can you take it to a neighbor or friends house and see if it works there, your whole house could have bad power
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I will definitely do that, but I've had a Marshall JVM 410h and it worked just fine... strange.