Whattup everybody, I have an issue that I need help fixing.

I recently just bought a used pickup (an SD), and was handling it before it slipped out of my hand and fell on my table. It was fine, except the plastic surround the bobbins on the bottom half (where it says Seymour Duncan) cracked off on the left end; part of the plastic is off, and I'm trippin out.

My question is would this affect the sound of the pickup when installed into a guitar? Also, if I superglue it back together, would that affect the sound?

Pics:
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Last edited by Snake™ at Jan 31, 2014,
Nope. Any plastic on the pickup shouldn't effect the tone, only the metal (wiring, magnet poles, pickup cover etc).
Not even the plastic on top of the pickup itself?
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Nah you are fine, I was removing the screen printing off a SD pickup a while ago and I ****ed up and hit it with a little lacquer thinner (NOT RECOMMENDED!) and it caused the top of the bobbin to crack a bit. I had the same oh **** feeling you are having but once I got it into the guitar it worked fine. And yes it did get the screen printing off; however a better method that wont be hard on the pickups is 2000 wet/dry sandpaper and a little rubbing compound to polish the plastic up.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Just superglue that piece back on and you'll be fine. You didn't break it bad enough to affect the integrity of the pickup. The bobbin is there to keep things in place, not to affect the tone.