I'm visiting the US and I'm planning to buy a blues junior iii or a superchamp X2 since in my country (Egypt) the cost 4x more than in the US. I'm thinking of putting the amp in my suitcase and checking it. Would that be dangerous or would I be able to carry it on the plane? Any tips would help Thank you
I doubt you can get it as a carry on they are still pretty large
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I would not try to carry it on the plane. It will probably cause several kinds of problems that you do not want to deal with.

I would pull the tubes out of the amp, wrap them up in something to keep them safe (socks are good) and then pad the rest of the amp as best you can (if you're buying from a store, ask if they have the original packaging for the amp). It should be ok in your checked luggage. The only issue is that amps are fairly heavy, so it might incur some extra cost or force you to check another bag depending on weight restrictions.
I'm not worried about the weight but I'm worried that it won't be safe or would be damaged. Would it fit in a suitcase?
It would have to be a pretty large suitcase, I'd imagine. As Roc said, I'd try to get one in the original box and carry it home that way.

apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
So you're suggesting putting checking the amp as baggage but in it's original package instead of putting in the suitcase?
I would suggest packing it up, writing your US address on there, and checking it. I do this when I have too much stuff to carry on/it's too heavy or large.
Yeah, that's the best I have. I've seen boxes come around the baggage carousel before.

apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.