Page 1 of 2
http://mason.gmu.edu/~montecin/UNIXpermiss.htm

For those who do not fully understand privilege.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
This is America and i'm hispanic.

Not only have I checked my privileged, reviewed its psycho/social/cultural impacts, and denied your privileges, i've also gone ahead and checked Africa's privileges as well, because they have none.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
y man

y
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Im so white that I can't handle this thread. Bye.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
While I agree with a lot of things, I think they should revise the "Body size privilege". People aren't born muscular, thin, fat or whatever. You don't get muscular from sitting on your ass all day, you work for that. Same thing with being thin or heavy, you either eat much/little and/or exercise.

Sure you can argue if being able to go to the gym, eating healthy etc. is a privilege, but I don't like the idea of taking accountability out of the equation.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
While I agree with a lot of things, I think they should revise the "Body size privilege". People aren't born muscular, thin, fat or whatever. You don't get muscular from sitting on your ass all day, you work for that. Same thing with being thin or heavy, you either eat much/little and/or exercise.

Sure you can argue if being able to go to the gym, eating healthy etc. is a privilege, but I don't like the idea of taking accountability out of the equation.

Well, privilege assigned to individuals by others invalidates them anyways, so what you said kind of fits in anyways.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by metal4eva_22
Kill yourself. Seriously.

That's offensive to people who know those who have killed themselves and to people who contemplate suicide due to diseases or disorders like depression.

Check your privilege.
This thread is offensive to people who lack a privilege in the first place. What if I want one?

Also
What is a privilege?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by SGstriker
This thread is offensive to people who lack a privilege in the first place. What if I want one?

Also
What is a privilege?

Seeing as you don't know what privilege is, you are privileged. Check your privilege.

Look at OP to learn about privilege.
Making a big deal out of it creates a lasting image in the collective minds of everyone. Everyone treats everyone the same. If you're an asshole you treat everyone assholish. If you're nice you treat everyone nicely. Some girls follow girl stereotypes some don't. Some people are racist some aren't. It's illegal to discriminate. There's no problem here. Girls aren't getting paid less and blacks aren't being kicked out of buildings for being black. Whites don't get anything special and being a guy doesn't get you anything
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Making a big deal out of it creates a lasting image in the collective minds of everyone. Everyone treats everyone the same. If you're an asshole you treat everyone assholish. If you're nice you treat everyone nicely. Some girls follow girl stereotypes some don't. Some people are racist some aren't. It's illegal to discriminate. There's no problem here. Girls aren't getting paid less and blacks aren't being kicked out of buildings for being black. Whites don't get anything special and being a guy doesn't get you anything

Check your privilege.
I don't have privilege. I can create privilege. I can dress nicely wear a smile on my face say hello and be polite look out for others give friendly gestures. Nothing is being given to me for being a white male. I wear girl pants have long hair and wear tie dye every day of the week. People's opinion of me is I wouldn't hurt anyone and I probably smoke a lot of weed and I'm gay. If I was a black girl who acted the same way, friendly, I would be treated the same way. I would also have the say assumptions, stoner, weed, lesbian.
You are part of the problem claiming all these privileges. That's pseudo racism.
It's proven that women make less that men for the same work. That black men are profiled many times the rate of whites. To deny it is ludicrous. Check your privilege.
No it's not. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3360863/
Not only are you wrong, but causation isn't correlation folks.
Black people generally dress like they need to be profiled. Blacks can wear normal clothes too. Black people aren't being profiled more, shady looking people of all types get profiled. Shady white people shady Mexicans and philipinos.
You say that the oppressed class must conform to the oppressors if they do not want to be profiled. That is privilege that needs to be checked.
I did not say that stop trying to argue it's over you lost end of story. I'm leavin the thread don't bother arguing.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
you lost end of story.

Nope, you did.

I'm leavin the thread don't bother arguing.

Check your privilege while you're gone. And don't lie about not having any.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by macashmack
Seeing as you don't know what privilege is, you are privileged. Check your privilege.

Look at OP to learn about privilege.

I refuse to read anything that refers to feminism.

Privilege check-mate.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by SGstriker
I refuse to read anything that refers to feminism.

Privilege check-mate.

You need a good privilege check, you don't even know what feminism is.
this thread so dumb
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Che l your peivledge
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Honestly, privilege is a useful model for societal analysis and self-awareness. However, as a model it is of course subject to limitations, generalizations, and reduction. We [read: dominant class, however you choose to define it] really are complicit in the marginalization of those outside of the dominant class. Whether you want to argue if that marginalization is explicit or culturally implicit is your call, as is whether you choose to see yourself in narrative or not. But I learned seven years ago that discussing this in the pit is unproductive so I'll shut up now.
Page 1 of 2