i step on my guitar soundboard , below bridge/saddle .i m using YAMAHA CS-40 (3/4 size guitar) . when i step there's a loud cracking sound . but nothing change the appearance of my guitar. it looks okay. . when i play it sound " grkk grkk grkk grkkk' on the sound board especially when strumming .the sound also appear when i pick the A string. the sound of guitar is still nice but the "grkk grkk " sound is annoying . and i hit the soundhole with my hand it doesnt sounds like it usually did , sound like there's a crack inside. what should i do???
go to a luthier - if there is a crack he/she should know what to do with it. sadly a crack in the right place, especially for an acoustic, might be fatal, so to say. don't lose hope, it might be fixable!
Definetly have a professional look at it though i gotta ask...how did it get into a place where you could step on it? if you don't have them already for future use i recommend buying wall mounts or if you can't mount things on the wall get a stand
you probably loosened a few of the braces. thankfully, it didnt happen to a 3k Gibson. hate to say it, but the repair would probably exceed the value of that guitar. time to start shopping for a new guitar and a wall mount.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
it's a $55 dolar classical guitar by the way . i'm not going to repair it to proffesional cause i have another guitar . thanks for the advice....
Quote by CharlieAng
it's a $55 dolar classical guitar by the way . i'm not going to repair it to proffesional cause i have another guitar . thanks for the advice....
If you didn't crack the soundboard, (or crack it too badly), you can probably get a small makeup style mirror, and glue the soundboard braces back in place..

For for crack in the soundboard, if there's no gap, just get some crazy glue, and let it wick into the crack. (Used like this, Crazy Glue takes quite a while to dry. And you might have to put several coats on, if there's even a slight gap.

Since you probably don't have long reach C-clamps to hold the braces against the soundboard, get some heavier balsa wood strip stock from the hobby shop, (3/8" square or something near that) , cut it to the proper length, and wedge it between the guitar's back, and the braces. Regular wood glue, even "Elmer's" white glue, will work for this. Most wood glues will give you about 10 minutes working time, and set fairly hard in about a half hour.

The crazy glue treatment on the soundboard will look a bit rough, but as you've said it's a $55.00 guitar.

With a little effort, you can probably make it playable, but not pretty again...Give it a shot.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 3, 2014,
thanks for the suggest bro , i ll give it a shot . by the way its still playable hahaha.....