Hello!

I think about choosing the low-volume valve amp with good clean sound and not so heavy overdriven sound. I also would like it to have the possibility to use separate preamp by plugging it into the amp's FX return.
Laney Cub 15 is one of those amps to have the right sound.

But I have the question about using it with separate preamp.
Will Cub's powerscaling be usable if I have something plugged into the amp's FX return and nothing plugged into the amp's input?
Or will it simply run with its full 15W power?

Thank you in advance!
The power scaling affects the power amp, which you would be using, so it will work.
But how 'bout a blackheart BH15?
Or how 'bout an orange dual terror?
Or, how 'bout an egnater rebel/tweaker?

What's the budget and what's the application (jamming with friends/playing in a bedroom/gigging)?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
The power scaling affects the power amp, which you would be using, so it will work.
OK, but with Cub the power level is selected by using the proper input. Laney Cub has inputs for 1W and for 15W. I'm not sure how it will work when nothing is plugged into either of this inputs and the signal is coming only into FX return.

Quote by Spambot_2
But how 'bout a blackheart BH15?
Or how 'bout an orange dual terror?
Or, how 'bout an egnater rebel/tweaker?
I think I need to listen to all of them before deciding finally.

Quote by Spambot_2
What's the budget and what's the application (jamming with friends/playing in a bedroom/gigging)?
I'm ready to spend about 400-600$. And I will use it mostly for bedroom playing, maybe jamming with friends sometimes.
Last edited by Denyam at Feb 1, 2014,
According to the servicing manual it should work in low power mode when nothing is plugged in in front, so it should be alright if you decide for that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.