Hello folks!

Well im looking for a nice amp... I play hendrix music, blues and all this classic stuff. This is my main aim sound.

So Im between this two choces:

Marshal Mosfet Lead 100: 100 w solid state head, very good opinions in forums... Im asked 230 euros for it...

Ceriatone 18 w tremolo head: replica of 1974x marshall tremolo... Im asked 500 euros for it, its double the price of the mosfet, but i think this is the price of just the ceriatone chasis made by ceriatone (without a nice white cabinet which was added by the owner) so i think thats its a good price... Although it hasnt a master and i dont want to use the tremolo...

As i said, the amp was made by ceriatone (600 dollars maybe ¿ and the owner added a wonderful white plexi style big housing... Its a good price 500 euro? It also features JJ valves and its in perfect shape

Which one would you buy? Can you help me ?

Thank you !
Ceriatone for sure.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
**** I want a Ceriatone for €500.
Get that!
Get that already!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Hi! Thanks for the reply!

Wow really? Is that soo good? But its actually a good amp or just hype? Its the tremolo model worth it¿

Here a pic, i think that it looks hot, and the amp (no the white cabinet) is made by ceriatone, so i think its better than a DIY one, which could be noisy or faulty...

Sorry cant post a pic. Heres a thread with photos of this head...

http://foros.guitarramania.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=271647

What do you think¿
Last edited by Althier at Feb 1, 2014,
By the way, the strong points of the mosfet are that it doesnt need valve changes, it has reverb, master volume and its muuuuch more affordable...

The weak point? I heard they are so faulty, if it dies, im screwed!
Brand new the Amp (fully assembled with head shell) runs $1054.50 or €781.70. I'd try and talk him down to €400-€450
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well if you ask me, it's worth every dime.

Here you have the strong points of the ceriatone anyway:
-it sounds good
-it sounds so good
-it sounds sooo good

Dunnow about Marshall mosfet amps quality, though if a solid state amp breaks, it'll be a hella lot harder to fix than the ceriatone, and if the thing has SMD components it'll cost less to buy another amp than to find someone who can fix it.

As for the master volume, I can agree on that, though you could just buy an attenuator if you really want it to distort at bearable volumes.
Wait, I remember playing an old 18w like tube amp and it didn't distort at exaggerated volume levels y' know, so you may not even need the attenuator if you can stand the volume of say, someone screaming.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Robbgnarly
Brand new the Amp (fully assembled with head shell) runs $1054.50 or €781.70. I'd try and talk him down to €400-€450

But since the TS is in Spain (or at least i think he is) you have to add shipping from the US and 20 % taxes on top of that, so i think this is actually a good deal.
But trying to talk him down a little can never hurt
Thank you so much! And yeah im in Spain!

I think im going with the ceriatone, but man... Its so ****ing expensive... If i buy it i cant afford a cab... Decissions decissions...
You have to have a cab. the Harley Benton G112 vintage is <€100 at Thomann not the perfect speaker for that amp, but you could do much worse.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thank you for your help!

Now i just found another candidate!

A sweet Marshall 2266 vintage modern head for 400 euro plus shipping (35 euro max)

Ceriatone or vintage modern? Wow this is tough
Well it depends.
For Hendrix, blues and classic stuff, the ceriatone hands down.
For the rest of the stuff, the ceriatone plus some pedals.

I've never tried one, but I've never heard real good things on VMs.
I'd just save up for the ceriatone plus a cheap 2x12, or just get that plus the 1x12, though it's kinda up to you since you're the one paying/playing.

I'd go to a music shop and try some amps.
Some VMs, some JCMs, some 18w RIs by marshall, some other stuff, and then decide if you like VM like amps or you prefer less-frills 18w style stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Feb 1, 2014,
Wow man thanks!

I never tried a vintage modern, but i had read people raving about them, even robin trower uses one... Also, people say that this amp is in that plexi hendrix and even srv territory... Man i have to chek youtube lol

Thanks spambot, nice guy
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I'd rather have the Marshall VM over the Ceriatone it will cover a wider range of tones.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Althier
Wow man thanks!

I never tried a vintage modern, but i had read people raving about them, even robin trower uses one... Also, people say that this amp is in that plexi hendrix and even srv territory... Man i have to chek youtube lol

Thanks spambot, nice guy

good plan. you don't want a solid state amp for what you are talking about. get a fuzz face for Hendrix and early trower. a tube amp will sound so much better for that.
The Vintage Modern didn't really impress me at all. I'd still go for the Ceriatone 18W'er, myself.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Used to own two mosfets myself. Nails the hendrix tone with a strat. But make sure the footswitch jack is clean, or youll have clean and dirty at the same time.. Lol dude, try the mosfet, if you think it blows, the. Get the other one. Although, an amp upgrade aint all its cracked up to be if youll just want something else soon. Find your dream amp, and save up. I went through 20 or so heads before i could afford the dream. Choose wisely.