So Im experimenting with my bass tones and Im close but Im not quite getting the sound I want. Im wanting a gritty bass tone, but not so fuzzy it ruins it. Like a Dustin Davidson from August Burns Red's bass tone. Im using Amplitube 3 and I cant really find anything that suits me. So, does anyone know what I could use? Thanks in advance!
TSE B.O.D.

Split into two tracks, throw an EQ on both tracks, cut out everything above 400ish and put heavy compression on it. Load BOD on the second track, cut everything out below ~700ish and compress. Mix the track with BOD in to taste.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
TSE B.O.D.

Split into two tracks, throw an EQ on both tracks, cut out everything above 400ish and put heavy compression on it. Load BOD on the second track, cut everything out below ~700ish and compress. Mix the track with BOD in to taste.

Thanks man!
I do something similar - I record the bass to two tracks, compress one of them and use the Pod Farm demo on the other (Tube Screamer -> Ampeg emulation), then mix the two together. Sounds huge.
If you need it live, go with a Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI. That thing is a beast. It can run about $200 new, but good luck finding one used.. people rarely if ever let go of those things. Geddy Lee used the rackmount version on this tour (2:25 to hear it real nice):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yES6W5DZ0SQ

And Justin Chancellor (Tool) has a version of it in his rig.
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
Last edited by Jasonbts at Feb 1, 2014,
Yep, BOD is a SansAmp Bass Driver plugin. I use a Sansamp RBI, myself.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com