hi there
i have jackson USA kv2 (the pick ups are seymour duncan) with TWO volume knobs and one tone and a 3 way switch i am wondering if any of you can help me set this up so i will only have ONE volume and ONE tone with no wiring to the switch although it can be there for cosmetic purposes.
thanks in advance for your help
Last edited by jacksonultimate at Feb 1, 2014,
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_1v_1t_3w

not sure what you mean by "no wiring to the switch", though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Follow the diagram above but wire both black leads from the pups directly to the volume pot where the tone control is connected.

May I ask why you don't want a selector switch?
Quote by Invader Jim
Follow the diagram above but wire both black leads from the pups directly to the volume pot where the tone control is connected.

May I ask why you don't want a selector switch?

hey guys
i didn't know how to figure out the wiring on the switch
the switch i have (that came with the guitar on the left) has to be wired up first ( i think)and the diagram i had which is the same as you posted doesn't tell me much. any idea?

Last edited by jacksonultimate at Feb 4, 2014,
^ me neither

I think he means he wants the switch still there so it looks right, but doesn't want it to be wired up? I dunno why you'd only want one volume knob in that situation, though, surely separate volumes would be necessary so you can select either pickup alone?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ me neither

I think he means he wants the switch still there so it looks right, but doesn't want it to be wired up? I dunno why you'd only want one volume knob in that situation, though, surely separate volumes would be necessary so you can select either pickup alone?

sorry to confuse you
but
IF i wanted to use the 3way switch how would i solder the wires (its own wires) to the switch first? or do you just solder the wires from the pickups to the switch?
and where would the wires from the pick ups be soldered in the switch ?
Last edited by jacksonultimate at Feb 8, 2014,
The round switch on the left looks like a 3 way blade selector. On the schematic you posted it tells you exactly where to solder the pickup hot wires to. The grounds are then soldered onto the back of the volume pot

What don't you understand? I'm so confused
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B
The round switch on the left looks like a 3 way blade selector. On the schematic you posted it tells you exactly where to solder the pickup hot wires to. The grounds are then soldered onto the back of the volume pot

What don't you understand? I'm so confused

well i tried exactly this on the original 3 way switch and it didn't work.

Last edited by jacksonultimate at Feb 15, 2014,
post a pic of how you wired it man
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B
post a pic of how you wired it man

Last edited by jacksonultimate at Feb 20, 2014,