Page 1 of 2
When I think of NASCAR fans, I imagine a middle aged balding man with a beer gut sticking out sitting on the couch the living room of his mobile home, eating munchie food and drinking beer and pepsi. As Cartman would say, "poor and stupid people" like NASCAR.

I was wondering if my Pit Brothers shared this view.
yes
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

please obey all the posted speed limits clark please dont drive 200 miles per hour that is dangerous and irresponsible
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
is aids associated with gays and blacks african americans living in africa?

Of course, what person with remote intelligence can watch 30 of the exact same cars driving left for 3 hours?
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by ProgFripp74
Of course, what person with remote intelligence can watch 30 of the exact same cars driving left for 3 hours?

THEY'RE DIFFERENT CARS MAN

Different decals and shit.

Also there's like 45 cars.

Easiest job ever though. I'd do it.
I somehow doubt driving a stock car is that easy lol despite the whole only turning left for 3 hours thing.
Left turns. Strange considering that most of NASCAR's fanbase is prone to...right turns.

#diducwhatididthere
Quote by AllJudasPriest
It's in the acronym of the sport:

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

You my friend are brilliant.
Quote by maowcat

Seconded. Also, i was gonna post that.
South Park says so so yes.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Nascar doesn't get the credit it deserves, nor has it earned the stereotypes its associated with.
Quote by Rossenrot
Nascar doesn't get the credit it deserves, nor has it earned the stereotypes its associated with.

It really hasn't.

Been to a few races, it has a diverse crowd.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
^Yeah. In 2006 Dateline sent a camera crew along with some Muslims to a Nascar race in an attempt to stir up controversy and reinforce the artificial perception that its fans are bigots, but the Muslim actors were welcomed by the fans, so NBC didn't have a story lol.

Also, there seems to be a lack of understanding in this thread as to the philosophy behind "stock car" racing.
Last edited by Rossenrot at Feb 2, 2014,
Quote by Nero Galon
South Park says so so yes.

^ This. No arguments.

I'd put up a flame shield but you'd probably just use it to light your doobies.

That's a pretty ******ed flame shield if you can light shit off it..... although I appreciate the sentiment in your post

edit - no ****ing way! The auto-censor took out the word r*t*rded but not shit?
Last edited by Quiffmiester at Feb 2, 2014,
Apparently, NASCAR cars are difficult to control, insanely uncomfortable, and tiring to drive, and it's rare for a lot of three-wide overtaking in racing, so I don't see it as this super easy thing. But the races themselves are boring to watch. Hell, I actually like watching the road course NASCAR races just because the cars actually brake and turn right once in a while.

But if I'm gonna watch cars go round and round, I'm either watching F1 or rally.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
There is an immense amount of engineering and appreciation for how amazing the cars are, and how very difficult they are to control. NASCAR gets very political between racing teams, because different drivers will make and break an alliance multiple times a race to get to the front.

There's also a hell of a lot of resource management.

I find that NASCAR fans are people who have a good knowledge of automobiles and racing in general. Folks that try and compare it to F1 and Rally as similar sports tend not to know shit about racing and cars. It's like trying to compare soccer and american football by saying "if I'm going to watch people put a ball in a goal I'm going to watch people do it with their feet," or "if I'm going to watch people try and put a ball in a goal, I'm going to watch the sport that I don't have to wait 20 minutes between any scores!"

ITT: The Pit stereotypes what it doesn't understand, and deepens the irony of being almost exactly what it likes to make fun of.
Most of the big NASCAR fans I know fall into that category. Either that, or they're kind of white trashy.
Not all NASCAR fans are rednecks.
Not all pedophiles are Catholic priests.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Clark83
THEY'RE DIFFERENT CARS MAN

Different decals and shit.

Also there's like 45 cars.

Easiest job ever though. I'd do it.

Yes, I know that, I was using hyperbole.

Fact is the cars all virtually weigh the same, have the same engines and just have either a ford, toyota or chevy fiberglass body with some decals about various hardware stores around Muricaa.

There's very little variation in how the cars perform or how they look, just driver "skill" and "setup" apparently.

Real racing with unpredictability and driver skill:

WTCC
BTCC
WRC
IRC
DTM
F1
BDC
D1
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Last edited by ProgFripp74 at Feb 2, 2014,
Quote by JustRooster
Folks that try and compare it to F1 and Rally as similar sports tend not to know shit about racing and cars.

Mmmmhmmm guys, driving in a circle is where a guy can show off his true racing skills
Clearly driving those cars isn't easy. It takes skill. I would never argue against that.

I just think the type of racing they do is incredibly boring to watch.
Ask Juan Pablo Montoya how easy NASCAR is to drive. You know, the ex- F1, Indy, etc driver who struggles to run mid pack.
Quote by BobDetroit
Ask Juan Pablo Montoya how easy NASCAR is to drive. You know, the ex- F1, Indy, etc driver who struggles to run mid pack.

Yeah god damn man I can't imagine how a dude who's already 32 would struggle getting into a completely new sport

Pretty much proved it then, Nascar drivers dick all over all these posh Eurotrash cunts with their 'corners'

EDIT: I really thought the reason people were into Nascar was for the decent chance there'll be severe injuries and crashes. Is that not the point of having a bunch of cars constantly going as fast as possible?
Last edited by willT08 at Feb 2, 2014,
i used to be a pretty big nascar fan and while it can be pretty boring sometimes if you know what's going on and have a couple drivers or a team to pay attention to then its interesting. just knowing some of the strategy that is commonly used can help it be more interesting.

Quote by ProgFripp74
Fact is the cars all virtually weigh the same, have the same engines and just have either a ford, toyota or chevy fiberglass body with some decals about various hardware stores around Muricaa.

There's very little variation in how the cars perform or how they look, just driver "skill" and "setup" apparently.

different racing teams use different engines and your forgetting dodge

and setup means everything, before racing or qualifying even happens the teams are there practicing for hours to get the set up just right and that just to start the race. once the race starts there are multiple factors that force teams to makes changes throughout the race.

^and will, a lot of people do watch it for the crashes, which can be pretty ****ing crazy/awesome sometimes, but i wouldnt say its the majority.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Last edited by jimihendrix6699 at Feb 2, 2014,
Quote by jimihendrix6699

and setup means everything, before racing or qualifying even happens the teams are there practicing for hours to get the set up just right and that just to start the race. once the race starts there are multiple factors that force teams to makes changes throughout the race.

This is unique to Nascar and the reason it is superior to F1 where they don't know anything about racing
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
The pit crew are the real unsung heroes.

That sounds like something Ricky Gervais would say.

Stephen Merchant: "And this NASCAR thing... all they do is drive left for 3 hours. HOW IS THAT A SPORT?"

Ricky: "The pit crew are the real unsung heroes, Steve."

Stephen: "Hahah... that's true enough."
There's a reason you man know who Schumacher, Senna, Vettel and Hakkinen are and I don't know one driver in nascar init

So 'low your nascar chit chat
Quote by maowcat
It's all around internet.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by willT08
This is unique to Nascar and the reason it is superior to F1 where they don't know anything about racing

Ok then, you put a good formula 1 driver in a nascar and I'm sure they could run mid pack first race they entered.
Put a Nascar driver in a Formula 1 car and they'd crash as soon as there was a right tun.

In all seriousness F1 has become far too much about sponsorships and politics in recent years but the drivers are far superior in physical fitness and driver skill.
The racing is more exciting to watch as it incorporates braking zones, DRS, Kers, Tyre Grip, downforce and driver skill to pull off an overtake for a top position. Nascar is about drafting and not much else.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

I went to Michigan two summers ago with the company I worked for to watch the race there, and darn it if it wasn't a rip-roaring booze fuelled hell-of-a-time then I don't know what is. I couldn't watch a whole race on tv if I tried though, it's a lot different being there. Half the fun is the party going on all weekend. We met quite a few Canadians because it's one of the closer tracks on the circuit, but pretty much everyone we met were awesome, genuinely nice people. Some families looked like you couldn't put a full set of teeth together between the bunch, but they were still very nice.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Page 1 of 2