After years of playing a question just sort of hit me...When using the vintage tremolo on my strat I have never paid attention to how high or low a note should get after full bending up and down...So how do you guys have it set up? Is your setup so when you fully bend up a note it bottoms out when it goes up 1 whole note? half note? Same for when bending down notes. Just wondering. FYI I have tremolo floating at about 1/8 inch from the body.
According to Fender specs 1/8" is correct. Pulling up will give you about a half step. Pushing down will depend on how your arm angle/height is set, but will probably give you 2-3 steps.
Quote by LedZepFan2000
After years of playing a question just sort of hit me...When using the vintage tremolo on my strat I have never paid attention to how high or low a note should get after full bending up and down...So how do you guys have it set up? Is your setup so when you fully bend up a note it bottoms out when it goes up 1 whole note? half note? Same for when bending down notes. Just wondering. FYI I have tremolo floating at about 1/8 inch from the body.

pretty sure that the pull up is less than a half step and if you try to bottom it out it's going to go out of tune (fender style) while you can get a fair amount of drop it's not like a Floyd. one of the things I do is keep the springs on the stiff side which will yield a more dramatic sound when the trem is pushed down (makes it harder to do this though) their is a cool video on youtube about how to set your trem up like jeff beck's who gets some pretty wild sounds out of his strat.