Hi, I want to install a mini Stylophone into the back of a guitar (unused cavity going to waste!)


It's powered by three 1.5v AAA batteries.

I want to wire the speaker output to a selector switch and then to the output jack. However, I'm aware the output will be much higher than the passive pickups in the guitar. What can I do to match the volume or impedance? of the Stylophone with the max volume of the guitar? Presumably I need some sort of attenuator but what type/size?

Quote by sashki
You could just add a voltage divider, ideally in the form of something like a trim pot. Set it once to get both signals at roughly the same level and leave it.

ok great, a trim pot with what sort of specs though? Does it matter? (Ohm rating)
Last edited by Tune my fork at Feb 2, 2014,