Hello fellow guitar enthusiast,

I just completed and put up this YouTube video of a song I composed the guitars and drums for. I also did the mixing, mastering, video lighting, recording, rendering and post rendering stuff before putting it up. So it's safe to say that I put in a lot of hard work.

But touching on the compositional side, the riffing is primarily Aeolian with bits of pentatonic. The middle section is based off the Phrygian mode with dashes of Phrygian dominant. I tried to make the riffs memorable, and hence played it kind of often, hence I was shying away from using the word 'Prog' metal. Also because the entire song is in 6/8. But mistake me not! I'm a huge Petrucci fan, and inspiration could have been subconsciously drawn out from it.

Even if you aren't into composing, do check it out for the tapping, legatos, playing with a Epic blue Floyd rose (ESP LTD MH300FR), using a Scarlett 2i2 , Ableton and all the cool F1 merchandise that feature!

But nevertheless, thank you for even taking the time to read this post too. Without further ado, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No8Md9L4BgE

UG, got to love em'!